Join us for an upcoming webinar of authors sharing research insights from their recently published Journal of Marketing articles. We encourage you to invite your colleagues, students, and managerial colleagues that might be interested in these topics.
Date: August 7, 2019
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM (Eastern)
“How to Drive Better Engagement from Sponsored Blogging”
How can firms improve the effectiveness of influence marketing? Nearly 75% of marketers today use influencers to spread word of mouth (WOM) about their products and brands on social media. However, despite the explosion of these social influencers, their effectiveness is still low: For an influencer on Facebook, the average engagement rate per post is .37%; on Twitter, it is even lower at .05%. This presentation will offer insights on steps companies can take to increase the effectiveness of sponsored blogging campaigns.
Presented by Christian Hughes (University of Notre Dame) and Vanitha Swaminathan (University of Pittsburgh).
Why are some brands cool and how can they keep it? Off-White, Apple, Instagram, Beyoncé, and Jay-Z have thrived partly because consumers think they are cool. Pabst Blue Ribbon became a hipster icon only to lose its luster. This presentation will offer insights on the key qualities of brand coolness and how it can be measured and managed by companies.
Presented by Caleb Warren (University of Arizona) and Rajeev Batra (University of Michigan).
- Webinar: The Hidden Secrets of Creating a Viral YouTube Ad
- 6/7/2019 Using results from the ads of 109 top brands, measures of emotion, and over 60 ad characteristics, this webinar offers insight into which ads go viral and why.
- Webinar: The Common Wisdom About Marketing Cocreated Innovations Is Wrong
- 6/7/2019 While adopted by nearly 78% of companies, cocreation has yielded disappointing results to date. This webinar offers insights into why some cocreated products succeed and others fail – focusing on marketing communications as a lever that can help drive success.
- Webinar: 5 Ways to Reduce Consumption and Slow Climate Change
- 5/2/2019 | Recent climate reports indicate we are fast spoiling our natural environment, which will have consequences for this and future generations. This webinar provides a framework driven by psychological research to help marketers, policy makers, and sustainability leaders guide consumers to more sustainable behaviors.
- Webinar: How to Extinguish an Online Brand Firestorm
- 5/2/2019 | More than 65 million firms leverage online brand communities, but these communities are vulnerable to online firestorms and negative electronic word of mouth (eWOM). This webinar provides online community managers with advice regarding the conditions that make eWOM go viral and how to detect and prevent online firestorms.
- Webinar: Lost in a Universe of Markets: Toward a Theory of Market Scoping for Early-Stage Technologies
- 3/7/2019 | Venture capitalists are constantly looking for new startups to invest in, and research labs are their hunting grounds. This Journal of Marketing study explores the process of market scoping for early-stage technologies—a critical but underexplored marketing challenge of science commercialization.
- Webinar: Paywalls: Monetizing Online Content
- 3/7/2019 | These researchers examined the New York Times‘ paywall implementation to study how paywalls are deployed, how they impact engagement, and what effect they have on offline (print) subscriptions.
- Webinar: Does It Pay to Be Real? Understanding Authenticity in TV Advertising
- 2/7/2019 | Researchers analyzed 323 television ads across 67 brands and four years to measure the impact of authenticity on the sales of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG).
- Webinar: Does a Customer on the Board of Directors Affect Business-to-Business Firm Performance?
- 2/7/2019 | A Journal of Marketing article examines the little-studied practice of putting a customer on a board of directors to determine whether it positively or negatively impacts firm performance.
- Webinar: Selling the Premium in Freemium
- 12/6/2018 | When done right, the freemium business model can help drive massive traffic to companies’ websites, provide a “try before you buy” experience that overcomes user resistance to paying, and convert free users to paying customers.
- Webinar: How Consumers’ Political Ideology and Status-Maintenance Goals Interact to Shape Their Desire for Luxury Goods
- 12/6/2018 | Is there such a thing as Rolex Republicans? A new study in the Journal of Marketing decidedly says yes.
- Webinar: When and How Board Members with Marketing Experience Facilitate Firm Growth
- 10/4/2018 | Companies looking to accelerate growth should appoint senior marketers to their boards. New research explains how companies can take advantage of marketing experience.
- Webinar: Why the Future of Online Shopping Is Multi-Device, Not Mobile
- 10/4/2018 | Find out why marketers and businesses should encourage multidevice shopping with tools such as cross-device shopping carts.
- Webinar: In-Store Mobile Phone Use and Customer Shopping Behavior
- 8/2/2018 | An international research team reports on the impact of mobile phone use on in-store behavior and spending.
- Webinar: Optimizing Video Content for Views and Sales
- 8/2/2018 | A breakthrough analytics-based methodology to help marketers edit trailers for online movies.
Go to the Journal of Marketing