Join us for an upcoming webcast of authors sharing research insights from their recently published Journal of Marketing articles. We encourage you to invite your colleagues, students, and managerial colleagues that might be interested in these topics.
Date: March 7, 2019
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM (Eastern)
Topics and Authors:
“Paywalls: Monetizing Online Content”
- Presenters: Adithya Pattabhiramaiah (Georgia Institute of Technology) and S. Sriram (University of Michigan)
- Summary: With the rise of free digital media and user-generated content, traditional newspapers and magazines were supposed to die. A funny thing happened on the way to extinction: Many are more alive than ever, thanks to their savvy embrace of digital channels and implementation of paywalls. A new study in the Journal of Marketing examines the issue of paywalls to understand how they are deployed, how they impact engagement, and what effect they have on offline (print) subscriptions. Listen to learn more about paywalls and how the New York Times managed this digital strategy.
- Read the full article
“Lost in a Universe of Markets: Toward a Theory of Market Scoping for Early Stage Technologies”
- Presenters: Sven Molner (University of London), Jaideep Prabhu (University of Cambridge), and Manjit Yadav (Texas A&M University)
- Summary: Venture capitalists are constantly on the prowl for new startups to invest in, and research labs are their hunting grounds. A new study in the Journal of Marketing explores the process of market scoping for early-stage technologies—a critical, but underexplored marketing challenge of science commercialization. This research describes why manager adoption of a “market ambiguity acceptance” mindset is associated with more successful commercialization and investments. Listen to learn more.
- Read the full article
- Webcast: Does It Pay to Be Real? Understanding Authenticity in TV Advertising
- 2/7/2019 | Researchers analyzed 323 television ads across 67 brands and four years to measure the impact of authenticity on the sales of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG).
- Webcast: Does a Customer on the Board of Directors Affect Business-to-Business Firm Performance?
- 2/7/2019 | A Journal of Marketing article examines the little-studied practice of putting a customer on a board of directors to determine whether it positively or negatively impacts firm performance.
- Webcast: Selling the Premium in Freemium
- 12/6/2018 | When done right, the freemium business model can help drive massive traffic to companies’ websites, provide a “try before you buy” experience that overcomes user resistance to paying, and convert free users to paying customers.
- Webcast: How Consumers’ Political Ideology and Status-Maintenance Goals Interact to Shape Their Desire for Luxury Goods
- 12/6/2018 | Is there such a thing as Rolex Republicans? A new study in the Journal of Marketing decidedly says yes.
- Webcast: When and How Board Members with Marketing Experience Facilitate Firm Growth
- 10/4/2018 | Companies looking to accelerate growth should appoint senior marketers to their boards. New research explains how companies can take advantage of marketing experience.
- Webcast: Why the Future of Online Shopping Is Multi-Device, Not Mobile
- 10/4/2018 | Find out why marketers and businesses should encourage multidevice shopping with tools such as cross-device shopping carts.
- Webcast: In-Store Mobile Phone Use and Customer Shopping Behavior
- 8/2/2018 | An international research team reports on the impact of mobile phone use on in-store behavior and spending.
- Webcast: Optimizing Video Content for Views and Sales
- 8/2/2018 | A breakthrough analytics-based methodology to help marketers edit trailers for online movies.
Go to the Journal of Marketing