Join us for an upcoming webinar of authors sharing research insights from their recently published Journal of Marketing articles. We encourage you to invite your colleagues, students, and managerial colleagues that might be interested in these topics.
Date: June 7, 2019
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM (Eastern)
“The Hidden Secrets of Creating a Viral YouTube Ad”
YouTube is a key platform for advertisers. Brands value YouTube because it reaches more than one billion unique users who watch more than one billion hours of video daily and because of its low cost, engagement tools, and wide viewership if an ad goes viral through sharing. Using results from the videos from 109 top brands, measures of emotion, and over 60 ad characteristics, this webinar will offer insight into which ads go viral and why.
Presented by Gerry Tellis, Professor, Director of the Center for Global Innovation, and Neely Chair of American Enterprise, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California
“The Common Wisdom About Marketing Cocreated Innovations Is Wrong”
Is the customer cocreation model a legitimate strategy to drive innovation and adoption of resulting products or is it flawed by design? While adopted by nearly 78% of companies, cocreation has yielded disappointing results to date. The bankruptcy of the much-heralded firm Quirky is one case in point. This webinar will offer insights into why some cocreated products succeed and others fail – focusing on marketing communications as a lever that can help drive success. Specific communication strategies will be offered.
Presented by Helen Wang, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Marketing Department, Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Hong Kong, China and Charlie Noble, Henry Professor of Business, Associate Dean for Research and Faculty, Haslam College of Business, University of Tennessee.
- Webinar: 5 Ways to Reduce Consumption and Slow Climate Change
- 5/2/2019 | Recent climate reports indicate we are fast spoiling our natural environment, which will have consequences for this and future generations. This webinar provides a framework driven by psychological research to help marketers, policy makers, and sustainability leaders guide consumers to more sustainable behaviors.
- Webinar: How to Extinguish an Online Brand Firestorm
- 5/2/2019 | More than 65 million firms leverage online brand communities, but these communities are vulnerable to online firestorms and negative electronic word of mouth (eWOM). This webinar provides online community managers with advice regarding the conditions that make eWOM go viral and how to detect and prevent online firestorms.
- Webinar: Lost in a Universe of Markets: Toward a Theory of Market Scoping for Early-Stage Technologies
- 3/7/2019 | Venture capitalists are constantly looking for new startups to invest in, and research labs are their hunting grounds. This Journal of Marketing study explores the process of market scoping for early-stage technologies—a critical but underexplored marketing challenge of science commercialization.
- Webinar: Paywalls: Monetizing Online Content
- 3/7/2019 | These researchers examined the New York Times‘ paywall implementation to study how paywalls are deployed, how they impact engagement, and what effect they have on offline (print) subscriptions.
- Webinar: Does It Pay to Be Real? Understanding Authenticity in TV Advertising
- 2/7/2019 | Researchers analyzed 323 television ads across 67 brands and four years to measure the impact of authenticity on the sales of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG).
- Webinar: Does a Customer on the Board of Directors Affect Business-to-Business Firm Performance?
- 2/7/2019 | A Journal of Marketing article examines the little-studied practice of putting a customer on a board of directors to determine whether it positively or negatively impacts firm performance.
- Webinar: Selling the Premium in Freemium
- 12/6/2018 | When done right, the freemium business model can help drive massive traffic to companies’ websites, provide a “try before you buy” experience that overcomes user resistance to paying, and convert free users to paying customers.
- Webinar: How Consumers’ Political Ideology and Status-Maintenance Goals Interact to Shape Their Desire for Luxury Goods
- 12/6/2018 | Is there such a thing as Rolex Republicans? A new study in the Journal of Marketing decidedly says yes.
- Webinar: When and How Board Members with Marketing Experience Facilitate Firm Growth
- 10/4/2018 | Companies looking to accelerate growth should appoint senior marketers to their boards. New research explains how companies can take advantage of marketing experience.
- Webinar: Why the Future of Online Shopping Is Multi-Device, Not Mobile
- 10/4/2018 | Find out why marketers and businesses should encourage multidevice shopping with tools such as cross-device shopping carts.
- Webinar: In-Store Mobile Phone Use and Customer Shopping Behavior
- 8/2/2018 | An international research team reports on the impact of mobile phone use on in-store behavior and spending.
- Webinar: Optimizing Video Content for Views and Sales
- 8/2/2018 | A breakthrough analytics-based methodology to help marketers edit trailers for online movies.
Go to the Journal of Marketing