May 12, 2021
12:00 p.m. Eastern
“Better Marketing for a Better World: An Invitation”
Marketing has the power to improve lives, sustain livelihoods, strengthen societies, and benefit the world at large. At the same time, marketing can have a dark side—it has the power to hurt consumers, employees, communities, markets, institutions, and the environment that surrounds us. The Special Issue of the Journal of Marketing on Better Marketing for a Better World (BMBW) brings together wide-ranging research to assess, illuminate, and debate whether, when, and how marketing contributes to a better world. This webinar will launch the BMBW initiative—and the Special Issue—by addressing the many challenges we face as a field in developing new BMBW knowledge, and the many opportunities we have to overcome them. Join the Special Issue Editors Rajesh Chandy, Gita Johar, Christine Moorman, and John Roberts, for a discussion and debate about how to approach these challenges, and about how to harness these opportunities to contribute to a better world.
Presented by Rajesh Chandy (London Business School), Gita Johar (Columbia Business School), Christine Moorman (Duke University), and John Roberts (University of New South Wales)
Webinars On Demand
- Better Marketing for a Better World: An Invitation
- 5/12/2021 | This webinar launches the BMBW initiative—and the BMBW Special Issue—by addressing the many challenges we face as a field in developing new BMBW knowledge, and the many opportunities we have to overcome them.
- Faculty Research Incentives and Business School Health: A New Perspective from and for Marketing
- 4/28/2021 | The current research faculty incentive system in business schools is broken and unsustainable in the long run – here’s how to fix it.
- Marketing Ideas: How to Write Research Articles that Readers Understand and Cite
- 4/28/2021 | Scholars write unclearly in part because they forget that they know more about their research than readers, a phenomenon called “the curse of knowledge.”
- Reality Check: Infusing Ecological Value into Academic Marketing Research
- 3/9/2021 | Harald van Heerde and Christine Moorman discuss ways to enhance the real-world relevance of academic marketing research by focusing on ecological value.
- Writing an Outstanding Review
- 4/22/2020 | Journal of Marketing editors Christine Moorman and Harald van Heerde share ideas and advice for academics looking to write an outstanding review for a journal.
- Creating Boundary-Breaking, Marketing-Relevant Consumer Research
- 1/22/2020 | How can marketing researchers create boundary-breaking consumer research that has impact beyond a narrow set of marketing academics?
- Using Text for Marketing Insight
- 10/29/2019 | This webinar features three experts who share advice and experience using textual data to derive marketing insight, including an overview of the methodologies and metrics used in text analysis across the field of marketing.
Return to Journal of Marketing