The newest rankings from Clarivate Analytics Journal Citation Reports, which annually ranks impact factors, indicated that all five AMA Journals continue to have a significant impact on the field of marketing as an academic pursuit. Of particular note are the Journal of Marketing and Journal of Interactive Marketing, which are ranked #2 and #10, respectively, for all business journals. Results released in late June 2022 based on 2021 data continue to place the journals among the leading business journals throughout the world.
- Journal of Marketing: 15.360, ranked 2/154 in the Business category
- Journal of Marketing Research: 6.664, ranked 45/154 in the Business category
- Journal of Public Policy & Marketing: 6.343, ranked 53/154 in the Business category
- Journal of International Marketing: 4.976, ranked 78/154 in the Business category
- Journal of Interactive Marketing: 11.318, ranked 10/154 in the Business category
All marketing journals indexed in the Journals Citation Report, particularly those that take a big-tent approach to the marketing discipline, saw healthy increases. While the impact factors identified in the Journal Citation Report are not the only metric that should be used when assessing the quality and value of a journal, they represent another strong indicator that the AMA’s journals, and all marketing journals, continue to offer both rigorous and relevant scholarship.
In addition to these healthy impact scores, AMA Journals have all seen increased readership and digital downloads over the last five years as well as substantially increased Altmetric scores, which monitor citations in popular press and social media. For more information about the AMA Journals, visit the academic journals section of ama.org.