Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is more than just a topic that has continued to gain traction in business. It is a journey and a practice that should lead to measurable impact. This course will teach you the basics of DEI and its relation to marketing, along with best practices and tactics for incorporating DEI into your marketing operations.
Skill Level: Beginner
- Define DEI in the context of business and marketing
- Identify the role privilege plays in opportunities and how to recognize your personal privileges
- Recognize the difference between performative and authentic marketing efforts
- Learn how to create an inclusive environment where everyone has a place in the conversation
- Learn how to incorporate DEI best practices in business and marketing
Are you an AMA Professional Certified Marketer®️? This training is worth 1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to maintain your PCM®️ certification.
Meet Your Instructor
Misty’s career represents many years of leadership, digital marketing and PR, data science, and diversity, equity and inclusion. In April 2021, she was honored as one of the “Top 50 Black Marketers on the Rise” for her influence and innovation.
As the first Black President of AMA Triangle, she not only navigated our organization through a global pandemic and civil unrest but also forged new paths leading the Triangle chapter to become the 4th largest of an international, 70-chapter organization.