Great advertising and communications campaigns start with great creative briefs, but it’s often easier said than done. Mediocre briefs result in a lack of clarity that misdirects creative teams and sends client-side stakeholders spinning out of alignment. With a great creative brief, rework is avoided and the team gets clarity, inspiration and efficiency.
In this workshop, you will master the skills needed to write effective creative briefs, identify great strategy and properly inspire creative teams to produce great work. You can then put your upgraded skills into action the next time you brief a creative team for a new ad campaign.
This workshop applies to teams involved in the creation of advertising/communications across mediums such as TV, print, billboard, radio, online video and banner. Real-world case studies and best-practice frameworks are included to immediately implement in your business.
- Understand the real purpose of creative briefs.
- Optimize your creative development process for less creative rework.
- Learn how to develop the heart of your strategy before writing the brief.
- Proficiently write each creative brief component.
- See real-world creative brief examples.
- Collect tools, templates and best-practice frameworks to immediately apply.
- 2 hours of live instruction starting at 10:00 a.m. CT
- Interactive Q&A
- Resources, tips and best practices
- Access to recording and resources for three months
Are you an AMA Professional Certified Marketer®️? This training is worth 2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to maintain your PCM®️ certification.
Want to attend with a group of 3 or more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least one business day in advance to get 10% off registration.
AMA Members Get Best Pricing
Not only do members get discounts on training like this, but they also receive exclusive content, downloadable tools, unlimited access to AMA Journals, membership in networking communities and more.
Who Should Attend?
- ABMs, Brand and Marketing Managers who brief creative/agency teams on new communications campaigns.
- Agency partners, Account Managers, Planners and Creatives who collaborate on briefs or translate client briefs into internal agency creative briefs.
Training Backed By Research
AMA training is unique because of its data-backed approach. The AMA Marketing Skills Framework identifies the most impactful skills marketers need to advance their careers. It’s based on our research with more than 1,000 marketing professionals and academic leaders.
Chief Executive Officer, Gurulocity Brand Management Institute
Kevin Namaky is Chief Executive Officer of the Gurulocity Brand Management Institute. During his 20 years as a Brand & Innovation Director and as SVP Head of Strategy at a global brand strategy and innovation consulting firm, he created billions in new value for companies through winning strategic plans, new product innovation, and compelling marketing campaigns. A trained educator, he’s taught in classrooms, workshops, conferences and boardrooms. Kevin has created winning brand strategies, innovation, and training sessions for companies such as Scotts Miracle-Gro, Procter & Gamble, Kraft, Bolthouse Farms, Kimberly-Clark, Gorilla Brands, Ubisoft, Formica, Ancestry.com and Nestlé. Kevin also lectures at the Indiana University Kelley School of Business and has been featured in Ad Age, Forbes, Fast Company and the CMO Council.