Create a Clear Positioning Statement
Great positioning is the heart of any sound brand strategy. While strategic plans, product roadmaps and communication campaigns enable the brand to operate on an annual basis, they can’t be effective without a clear central positioning strategy that ties everything together.
In this virtual workshop, you will master the skills needed to write a clear and effective brand positioning statement that enables breakthrough media communications, sets your brand up for effective long-term strategy and innovation, and helps win the competitive battle in the minds of customers.
If you already have a positioning statement, this session will refresh your writing skills and give you new tools to assess and improve your existing statement. In addition, you will leave with frameworks you can immediately apply to your brand or business. If you are in an agency role, you will not only learn frameworks to use in your agency, but you’ll also learn key language and concepts you can use to work better with your clients.
- Learn key brand strategy definition, documents and the role of positioning
- Understand how to define your target audience
- Understand what to look for when assessing the competition
- Learn how to write key positioning components, including benefits and support points
- Gain a recommended framework for positioning that the best brands use
- Discover criteria for evaluating and improving your positioning statement
- Real & fictional case studies and examples
- Templates and worksheets for you to put into action
- 3 hours of live instruction starting at 10:00 a.m. Central
- Interactive Q&A and hands-on exercises
- Resources, tips and best practices
- On-demand access for three months
- Plus, collect 3 CEUs
After completing registration, you will receive a purchase receipt. We will email you the information for accessing this training closer to the event.
Want to attend with a group of 3 or more? Contact email@example.com at least one business day in advance to get 10% off registration.
AMA Members Get Best Pricing and More
Not only do AMA members get discounts on trainings like this one, but they also receive exclusive content, downloadable tools, unlimited digital access to AMA academic journals and newly added benefits every week. It’s all for a low price of $149/year. (That’s only $12.42/month.)
Who Should Attend?
- ABMs, brand and marketing managers who own, write, update and/or implement brand positioning statements and equity pyramids.
- Agency partners, account managers, strategists and planners who collaborate on and/or write brand positioning and equity strategies for clients.
- Small business owners who want a foundational framework to document and clarify their own brand positioning and messaging.
CEO, Gurulocity Brand Management Institute
Kevin Namaky is Chief Executive Officer of the Gurulocity Brand Management Institute. During his 20 years as a Brand & Innovation Director and as SVP Head of Strategy at a global brand strategy and innovation consulting firm, he created billions in new value for companies through winning strategic plans, new product innovation and compelling marketing campaigns. A trained educator, he’s taught in classrooms, workshops, conferences and boardrooms.
Kevin has created winning brand strategies, innovation and training sessions for companies such as Scotts Miracle-Gro, Procter & Gamble, Kraft, Bolthouse Farms, Kimberly-Clark, Gorilla Brands, Ubisoft, Formica, Ancestry.com and Nestlé. Kevin also lectures at the Indiana University Kelley School of Business and has been featured in Ad Age, Forbes, Fast Company and the CMO Council.