The AMA and the Collegiate Chapters Council offers active AMA chapters and members numerous opportunities to be recognized for their excellence and assist in the growth of their professional development. Awards, offered over the course of the academic year, are available in a variety of topics. For details about individual awards, click on the award name below.
Awards, Chapter Reporting and ICC Engagement
*Note: When awards or ICC Engagement opportunities become available, a dedicated link will be available and it will take you to the landing page.
CHAPTER REPORTING: Chapter Plans – Submission Deadline Date: October 5, 2022 at 12:00PM CST/1:00PM EST/10:00AM PST | Note: Chapter Plans & Annual Report are a Chapter Affiliation Requirement
November | Awards
Hugh G. Wales Faculty Advisor Award - Submission Extended Deadline Date: December 5, 2022 on or before 12:00PM CST (10:00AM PST / 11:00AM MST / 1:00PM EST)
AMA Student Marketer of the Year Award – Submission Extended Deadline Date: December 5, 2022 on or before 12:00PM CST (10:00AM PST / 11:00AM MST / 1:00PM EST)
2023 | February | ICC Engagement
Faculty Papers – Submission Deadline Date: February 8, 2023 on or before 12:00PM CST (10:00AM PST / 11:00AM MST / 1:00PM EST) Note: Paper submissions selected will present at the in-person 2023 AMA International Collegiate Conference (ICC) in New Orleans.
Parade of Chapters – Sign Up will talk place on Thursday, March 30, 2023 – Onsite at ICC NOLA Conference (Note: One student member per chapter to represent school – students will walk on the AMA stage in-person at the International Collegiate Conference in New Orleans.)
Sales Student of the Year – TBD/PENDING FOR 2022-23
March – April
CHAPTER REPORTING: Annual Report – Submission Deadline Date: March 1, 2023 on or before 12:00PM CST (10:00AM PST / 11:00AM MST / 1:00PM EST) Note: Annual Report & Chapter Plans are a Chapter Affiliation Requirement
AMA Career Forum Grants
For almost 40 years, the Student Career Forums (SCF) by Marketing EDGE have introduced students to the world of direct/digital and data-driven marketing. In addition, these forums delivered practical information to students on what they can do to prepare for a career in marketing while they are still in school. Offered in different regions across the country, the forums also gave students a glimpse into marketers’ day-to-day lives and valuable tips on landing internships and their first job out of school.
Moving forward, the American Marketing Association will be providing select AMA Collegiate Regional Events with Career Forum Grants to elevate their career development components and broaden their reach beyond the host institution, as we aim to continue the purpose of the SCFs.
The Spring application period closed on January 16, 2023. Check back in June for details about the Fall 2023 grants.
Selected chapters will receive:
- $1,000 Student Career Forum Grant
- Support from the AMA Collegiate Communities Team throughout the event planning process
- Assistance in marketing and communication efforts, including email, social media, and website
To be selected, a regional event should:
- Include a career development-focused keynote event or panel
- Include networking opportunities between students and professionals
- Be open to students within their region, beyond the institution, and regardless of AMA membership
- Include in its program outcomes to prepare students for a career in marketing, whether during their time at school, or post-graduation
- Event can be either existing or inaugural
- Chapters at Minority-serving Institutions (HBCUs, HSIs, etc.) are especially welcome to apply
- Selection will also take into consideration regional scope, to represent at least four unique areas during the year
When do applications open? How do I apply?
- Applications for 2023 Fall Career Forum Grants will open in June 2023.
- Applications are currently being processed via google form submissions. Once your chapter submits, the AMA collegiate team will consider your application and begin the selection process 2-3 weeks after the form closes.
- Only one application per regional event will be considered.
AMA Foundation Scholarships
American Marketing Association Foundation (AMAF) scholarships are for marketing students who are leaders on campus and in the classroom. We believe in empowering the next generations of marketers who will make an impact for good and help make our industry more diverse.
- Diversity Leadership Scholarship
- Robert DeLay Social Impact Scholarship
- EBSCO Student Scholar
- Stryker Buoncristiano Scholarship
- Lee Epstein Scholarship
Applications deadline date has been extended to Wednesday, February 1, 2023.