Marketing Leaders Celebrate Strength in Diversity!
Have you demonstrated leadership as part of your chapter activities or in other areas of your life?
In a few easy steps, your story could win a scholarship!
What is this scholarship about?
Marketing professionals are as diverse as the consumer populations that they serve. A diverse pool of talent is essential for maximizing creativity, innovation, and synergies within the marketing profession. To this end, the American Marketing Association is dedicated to developing leadership within our minority student populations to fuel the power of diversity within our profession and at large.
The diversity leadership scholarship program recognizes those minority students who demonstrate leadership in their chapter activities or in other areas of their lives.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you match the following key criteria:
- Your “Diversity” status pertains to any of the following minority groups: American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.
- Your activities on and off campus demonstrate “Leadership” qualities:
- You are an AMA student leader in terms of your role in leading chapter activities, initiatives, events, projects, or other aspects of your collegiate programming.
- You have leadership accomplishments in other areas of your life outside of your AMA student chapter.
- *Bonus Points* if you used your marketing skills and techniques to achieve success in your leadership roles.
- You are an AMA student member and part of an active AMA collegiate chapter
- You must have an overall GPA of 3.25 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- You are a full-time undergraduate student who plans to return to full time status in the upcoming Fall 2021 semester (Spring/Summer semester 2021 graduates are not eligible).
What do I need to apply?
Here are the materials you need for your application:
- Your diversity leadership story. Between 400-700 words (roughly one page single spaced or two pages double spaced) describing your leadership in chapter activities or leadership roles in other areas of your life. Remember to emphasize how you used marketing skills and techniques to enable your success.
- A letter of recommendation. One page, maximum, from your AMA chapter Faculty Advisor.
- Your current academic transcript
- Your current resume.
When is it due?
The Submission deadline is 11:59pm CT on February 21, 2021.
Submit all documents here.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
How are winners selected?
The AMA Diversity Leadership Scholarship Committee, made up of select AMA collegiate council members and chapter advisors, reviews the pool of completed applications to determine the scholarship award winners. Winners will be announced at the International Collegiate Conference Awards Banquet. Once approved, scholarship funds are sent to the winner’s university to be applied to fall tuition expenses, with any remainder given directly to the winner.
Still don’t think you can win? Think again! Learn more about past scholarship winners with leadership achievements just like yours! We look forward to reading all about you in your application!
The AMA collegiate scholarships were established by the American Marketing Association Foundation to recognize student leaders who are using their marketing skills to make communities stronger. The scholarships were first awarded in Fall 2016.
Sponsored by the AMA Foundation
The AMA collegiate scholarships were established by the American Marketing Association Foundation to recognize student leaders who are using their marketing skills for the greater good. The scholarships were first awarded in Fall 2016. As the philanthropic arm of the AMA, the AMA Foundation champions individual marketers who are making an impact in our profession and communities. We recognize marketing visionaries who have elevated the field, and we support the next generation of marketers who will transform the profession.