Lisa Bowman Announced as New Board Chair
Chicago, IL, August 17, 2023—The American Marketing Association (AMA) is pleased to announce new members for the 2024 Board of Directors term. The AMA Board of Directors is made up of volunteer leaders and impactful marketing visionaries who are providing insight and guidance to create an essential community for marketers.
The new Board appointments are effective July 1, 2023 and are one-year terms through June 20, 2024. More information about AMA’s Board of Directors is here.
“We are thrilled to welcome new leaders to the AMA Board of Directors. I’m excited to work with our colleagues to expand marketing’s reach and impact, not only in the AMA community, but within our global marketing community as well,” said Bennie F. Johnson, AMA’s Chief Executive Officer. “I also want to thank our outgoing Board members for their service and dedication to AMA and their commitment to advancing our mission. They are vital members of our community who are actively working to elevate marketing.”
“There is always a call and a need for volunteers—and choices where to allocate our time and talents. I’m honored to have the opportunity to give back to the profession that has given so much to me. And as a former AMA Marketer of the Year, there is no better organization to do that with,” stated Lisa Bowman, Chair of the AMA Board.
“It’s an exciting time at the AMA. The talent within AMA, and our marketing community, is amazing. Our strategic direction is focused on growth. It’s comforting knowing that we have the people in place to accomplish our mission,” said Kevin D. Bradford, Immediate Past Chair of the AMA Board.
Executive Committee of the AMA Board:
- Lisa Bowman, Chair, Founder and Chief Mojo Officer, Marketing Mojo
- Michael Brady, Chair-Elect, Bob Sasser Professor and Chair, Department of Marketing, at Florida State University
- Robin Tooms, Secretary, Chief Marketing Officer, Members Credit Union
- Kevin D. Bradford, Immediate Past Chair, Associate Professor of Marketing and Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs at The Paul Merage School of Business; University of California, Irvine
New members of the AMA Board:
- Jeff Lupinacci, Treasurer, CFO, Ascential Digital Commerce
- Eli Jones, Professor of Marketing, Mays Business Schools, Texas A&M University
- Matt Witt, National Digital Experience Lead, Deloitte Digital
- Bob Leone, AMA Foundation Chair, Chair, Neeley School of Business, Texas Christian University
Continuing members of the AMA Board:
- Peter Barber, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Trout Unlimited
- Angela Brutsche, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Texas REALTORS®
- Brian Fergemann, Senior Counsel, Marketing and Intellectual Property, McDonald’s Corporation
- Anders Gustafsson, Professor of Marketing, BI The Norwegian Business School
- Christine Mathers, Head of Marketing, Worldwide Oilfield Machine
- Jessica Perry, Principal, Six Doors Media
- Rebecca Slotegraaf, Professor of Marketing and Neal Gilliatt Chair in Marketing, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- Tiffany White, Associate Professor of Business Administration and Advertising and Bruce and Anne Strohm Faculty Fellow in the Gies College of Business, University of Illinois
Departing members of the AMA Board include: Karen Albritton, Consultant, Thinc Strategy; Vanitha Swaminathan, Thomas Marshall Professor of Marketing, University of Pittsburgh and the Director of the Katz Center for Branding; Ric Sweeney, COE Director and Professor-Educator of Marketing, Carl H. Linder College of Business, The University of Cincinnati; and, Dennis James, Chief Financial Officer of The Salvation Army, North and Central Illinois Division.