Thousands of professionals trust this pioneer certification from the AMA. Passing the test to earn this certification is as flexible as your schedule but rigorous enough to prove you have the knowledge needed to advance your marketing career.
How To Earn Your Certification
This certification allows you to prepare in the best way that works best with your schedule and knowledge base. While there are preparation recommendations below, we do not require that individuals purchase or study from a specific source to be eligible for the exam.
1. Prepare & Study
- Download the book of knowledge to understand the topics you need to know to pass the PCM® Marketing Management Exam.
- Take the free practice exam to assess your current marketing management skillset and identify areas of improvement.
- Get the Marshall and Johnston’s Marketing Management (3rd Edition) textbook to prepare for the exam. Please note you can study for the exam in any way you choose, but we recommend this textbook.
You can also enroll in the AMA Marketing Management Bootcamp—the expedited pathway to prepare for the PCM® exam! The next cohort begins on March 7.
2. Take the Exam
The online test is made up of 150 multiple-choice questions and can take up to three hours to complete. You will receive an email with exam access information at the time of purchase. Learn more about the exam.
While there are no eligibility requirements at this time, we find that PCM® candidates have more success if they have the following minimum level of education or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of professional marketing experience
- Master’s degree and two years of professional marketing experience
- 7 years of professional marketing experience
The online test is made up of multiple-choice questions. You’ll have three hours to complete it.
To pass, you must receive an overall score of 80% or higher and it is not required that you achieve a specific score in each domain. You will receive your scores immediately after completing the exam, including a breakdown by domain.
Your exam registration will include three attempts that must be completed within one year of enrollment. If you are unsuccessful in passing the exam, you must wait for a minimum of 15 days between exam attempts.
Have You Already Passed the PCM® Exam?
Passing the PCM® exam is a big accomplishment! Now it’s time to promote and maintain your certification. Share the news and make sure to keep your certification up-to-date.