Build Confidence. Advance Your Career.
Show you have the latest knowledge by becoming a Professional Certified Marketer® in Marketing Management. We created a program that’s as flexible as your schedule but rigorous enough to prove you have the knowledge needed to advance your marketing career.
This is the pioneer certification from the AMA and is trusted by hundreds of professionals.
Steps for Certification
- Learn about the exam. Review the topics you need to know to pass the PCM® Marketing Management exam.
- Evaluate your skills. Take the free practice exam to assess your current marketing management skillset and identify areas of improvement.
- Study. You can study for the exam in any way you choose but we recommend Marshall and Johnston’s Marketing Management (3rd Edition). Or attend an in-person AMA Marketing Management Bootcamp.
- Take the exam. The online test is made up of 150 multiple-choice questions and can take up to three hours to complete.
- Promote and maintain your certification. Passing the PCM® exam is a big accomplishment. Share the news and make sure to keep your certification up-to-date.
While there are no eligibility requirements at this time, we find that PCM® candidates have more success if they have the following minimum level of education or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of professional marketing experience
- Master’s degree and two years of professional marketing experience
- 7 years of professional marketing experience
Body of Knowledge
Want to get a feel for what the PCM® Marketing Management exam is like? The free practice exam gives sample questions like the ones you’d see on the actual test. It’s a great way to find out the topic areas where you might need a little more studying.
Test Your Knowledge
The test is given online and is made up of multiple-choice questions. You’ll have three hours to complete it.
To pass, you must receive an overall score of 80% or higher and it is not required that you achieve a specific score in each domain. You will receive your scores immediately after completing the exam, including a breakdown by domain.
Your registration for the exam will include three exam attempts that must be completed within one year of registration. If you are unsuccessful in passing the exam, you must wait a minimum of 15 days between exam attempts.
PCM Marketing Management Certification Exam
AMA Marketing Management Bootcamp
Two days of in-person interactive learning will cover all of the topics you’ll see on the PCM® Marketing Management exam.
What Happens When I Pass?
First, you can proudly add the letters P-C-M behind your name, showing you’ve put in the work to master digital marketing. We’ll also send you a digital certificate to display and badge to use on LinkedIn.
But passing the exam alone doesn’t mean you’re done. While your certification is good for three years, you’ll also have to complete 10 continuing education units (CEUs) each year.
Log Your CEUs
If you’ve already passed the PCM® exam, you can learn more about logging your CEUs here.