All CEUs must contribute to proficiency and professional growth in marketing. One (1) CEU is awarded for each physical hour of continuing education. If your training is aligned, it will count towards CEUs! We love the idea of chapter programming counting towards CEUs and hope it will help increase registration for your events.
Self-Paced Courses or Programs
- eLearning courses
- Video conferences and events
- Reading research articles to expand your understanding of the discipline
Instructor-Led Courses or Programs
- College and university courses
- Instructor-led training or workshops (online or in-person)
Conferences and Seminars
- Instructor-led seminars
Speaking and Instruction
- Teaching a course/leading a workshop outside of your workplace
- Teaching a course at a university
- Making a presentation at an industry conference
Research and Publishing
- Publishing a paper in a journal or periodical (newsletters are not eligible)
- Writing and publishing a book on a marketing topic
- Co-authoring an article or text
- Developing a course that supports the goal of CEUs
Here is a helpful link you should provide learners to learn more about CEUs. This also includes directions to enter and track CEUs on their profile. PCM exams are active in 3-year cycles. Certification holders must earn 10 CEUs annually and pay a $75 recertification fee every 3 years to keep their certification active.
To keep our branding consistent, here are badges to display the number of CEUs we will approve for your training. One hour of training = one CEU.
Sample text to include with the badge:
Are you an AMA Professional Certified Marketer®️? This training is worth X Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to maintain your PCM®️ certification.
Here is an example of how the badge and text would be executed online:
If your training will be longer than 3 hours, please contact us at CustomerSupport@AMA.org and let us know! We are happy to provide other badges.