The AMA Higher Education Marketing Awards honor extraordinary leadership and celebrate innovation and achievement in higher education marketing. The awards are brought to you by the AMA Foundation and its founding sponsor Yes& Lipman Hearne.
The tradition continues at the 2023 AMA Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education with an individual and a team award! Nominees must be currently employed at a higher education institution with a focus on the branding, marketing and communications aspects of a college or university.
Nominations are due August 31, 2023.
The AMA Emerging Marketer in Higher Education Awards (NEW in 2023!)
Separate from the AMA Foundation Higher Education Marketer of the Year Awards, but celebrated all the same, is the NEW AMA Emerging Marketer in Higher Education Awards recognizing exceptional creativity and ingenuity within the higher education marketing landscape. This prestigious award celebrates individuals, teams or organizations that have demonstrated outstanding innovation in traditional and/or digital realms.
Eligibility and Process
To be eligible for the AMA Higher Education Marketer of the Year Awards, individual nominees and teams must be currently employed at a higher education institution with focus on the branding, marketing, and communications aspects of a college or university. All nominees will be considered regardless of organization size and budget. There will be two awards bestowed, one award recognizing an individual thought leader and one award recognizing an outstanding marketing team.
Everyone is invited to submit nominees for any of the awards by completing a short form online by August 31. Nominees will be contacted by AMA staff to submit a nomination package that addresses award criteria. Finalists will be announced in October and winners will be announced at the Symposium on Tuesday, November 14.
The selection committee for all awards includes higher education marketing professionals, former AMA Symposium committee members, previous award winners and influencers in higher education marketing.
Please note that current AMA Symposium committee members are not eligible for the individual award and do not participate in award selection.
Vision and leadership, such as:
- How the candidate’s work has helped advance or transform the field of higher education marketing
- How the candidate’s work has helped transform their organization
- Thought leadership in the form of speaking and writing on higher education marketing
- Recognition by peers in the field
Strategy, such as:
- Breakthroughs and advances in organizing and planning in the context of higher education organizations
- Development of unique methodologies
- Effective collaboration inside the organization and with outside partners
- Creative approaches to marketing problem solving and communications
Results, such as:
- Employment of effective methods of measurement
- Achievement of the organization’s goals, both immediate and over time
- Innovative use of social media, technology or other emerging tools or trends to advance higher education marketing practices
The AMA Foundation Higher Education Marketer of the Year Awards were established by the AMA Foundation and Yes& Lipman Hearne to recognize outstanding marketing visionaries and extraordinary marketing teams in the field of higher education marketing.
As the philanthropic arm of the AMA, the AMA Foundation champions individual marketers who are making an impact in our profession and community. We recognize marketing visionaries who have elevated the field, and we support the next generation of marketers who will transform the profession.
Celebrating Our Marketers
Congratulations to our 2022 AMA Higher Ed Marketer of the Year Awards winners!
2022 AMAF Higher Education Marketer of the Year
Acting Vice Chancellor, University Communications and Marketing
University of Pittsburgh
2022 AMAF Higher Education Marketing Team of the Year
Texas State University