One of the more precious resources a manager has is their time. Managers can become more effective by employing time management and scheduling techniques, delegating, outsourcing key tasks, and employing technology. The concepts covered in this course will help create structure around your time management skills and will help reveal any weaknesses in your time management habits.
Skill Level: Beginner
- Recognize the common causes of procrastination and identify ways to eliminate your procrastination.
- Learn the key principles of time management (organization, prioritization, and planning) and some common methods for prioritizing tasks (ABC Method and the Eisenhower Method)
- Understand the value and purpose of common time management tools, including scheduling systems (activity logs, action plans, to-do lists)
- Identify the steps in the delegation process and recognize guidelines for appropriate task delegation.
- Discover strategies for handling daily tasks and distractions like e-mail, phone calls and other interruptions.
This self-paced course features a mobile-friendly mix of videos, real-world case studies and games. You’ll also have access to a subject matter expert in case you have questions along the way.
You will leave ama.org to make this purchase.
This course is hosted by our approved learning partner, MindEdge. You’ll be sent to their site to purchase this training, and their customer service team can answer any additional questions you have about the course. As an official partner, the AMA may receive compensation for your enrollment.
5 Hours | 27 Modules | Beginner
A successful manager understands managing people, including motivating workers and coordinating their activities. This course will explain how the goals, empowerment and measurement system of management can be employed and how organization structures differ. You will also learn about the difficulty of discipline while trying to maintain productivity and momentum.
5 hours | 30 Modules | Beginner
Marketing is vital to the success of an organization in today’s competitive world. This course introduces marketing, the marketing mix (the Four Ps), the strategic importance of marketing, and customer values and satisfaction. Plus, you will dive into marketing planning, including market research, pricing, distribution and targeting!