This year, the inductees are:
- Marc Pritchard, chief brand officer of Proctor & Gamble
- Ann Mukherjee, chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard North America
- Bozoma Saint John, former chief marketing officer of Netflix
- Antonio Lucio, former chief marketing officer of Facebook, Visa and HP
The four inductees will be honored at the 2022 Marketing Hall of Fame induction ceremony on May 3 at The Chocolate Factory in New York City. Inductees at this year’s award ceremony will give brief presentations inspired by their careers and offer their perspectives on the future of marketing. Tickets to the event are available here.
“The Marketing Hall of Fame is back, renewed and refreshed,” says Joanna Seddon, Marketing Hall of Fame co-chair and founder of Presciant Brand Consultancy. “We are thrilled to honor such a truly outstanding set of marketing innovators.”
Those inducted into the Marketing Hall of Fame are recognized as marketers who “impact business results; raise the profile of the profession; move marketing forward with breakthrough approaches; promote sustainability; and spearhead diversity, equity and inclusion,” according to the AMA New York.
The Marketing Hall of Fame has inducted 24 outstanding marketing leaders to date, including:
- Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia
- Wendy Clark, global CEO of Dentsu
- Lee Clow, TBWA\Worldwide chair
- Beth Comstock, vice chair of GE
- Seth Godin, author and speaker
- Bob Greenberg, founder of R/GA
- John Hayes, former American Express CMO
- Jon Iwata, former IBM SVP
- Shelly Lazarus, Ogilvy & Mather chairman emeritus
- Esther Lee, MetLife EVP and global CMO
- Ann Lewnes, CMO of Adobe
- Jim Stengel, former global marketing officer at P&G
- Keith Weed, former global CMO of Unilever
The selection process began last September with an open call for nominations, drawing in over 300 nominees in our most diverse field ever. AMA New York’s Marketing Hall of Fame Committee evaluated the nominations against the selection criteria and developed a shortlist of the 50 highest-qualified nominees.
The Marketing Hall of Fame Academy, an exclusive body of 300 senior marketers, agency executives, researchers and academics hand-selected by the committee and AMA New York Board of Directors, voted on the short list to determine the finalists. A final Panel of Judges, made up of past inductees and top executives from the leading marketing associations and organizations, then selected the four 2022 inductees.
“After two years since our last live ceremony as a result of COVID precautions, we are back with a roar this year with four stellar inductees and a focus on diversity and inclusion,” said Robert Kahn, Marketing Hall of Fame committee co-chair, AMA New York past president and partner at Want Branding.