ICC20 is Happening
The 2020 AMA International Collegiate Conference is proceeding as scheduled on March 12-14.
How Did the AMA Make This Decision?
This decision is something we take very seriously. News about coronavirus has been changing daily and because your health and safety are important to us, we continue to communicate with our host venue in New Orleans who in turn is working with local health officials to monitor updates to COVID-19. Based on their guidance, conversations with collegiate leaders and meetings with AMA senior leadership, we determined ICC20 should continue as scheduled.
Can I Get a Refund?
Yes. We know these are stressful times when determining if you should travel. Conference attendance is strictly voluntary and if you do not want to attend ICC20, we will issue a full refund of your conference registration. To receive a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org before the start of the conference (6 p.m. CDT on 03/12). In your email, please note if you are pre-registered for onsite competitions or the digital marketing bootcamp. Due to increased volume, it may take us 2-3 business days to process your request.
What About My Hotel, Airline Ticket and Other Travel Arrangements?
You are still responsible for canceling your hotel reservation, airline tickets or other travel arrangements. You will be responsible for any additional fees.
What’s Being Done On-Site to Maintain a Healthy Environment?
We’re following recommendations from the World Health Organization for safely hosting this event. Our host venue is implementing enhanced sanitization procedures during ICC20 including extra cleaning of common spaces and changes to how food is served.
Will There Be Schedule Changes?
Yes. We’ll be making changes to the agenda to accommodate for potential cancellations, conference safety and to provide you the best ICC20 experience. Changes will be noted in the ICC20 conference app.
What About Competitions?
If you are participating in a competition, you will receive email notification of any changes or modifications.
Will There Be Virtual Conference Options?
No. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide virtual alternatives for ICC20.
What Can I Do to Stay Safe?
It’s also good practice to use personal Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions (NPIs) including:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer comprised of at least 60% alcohol when soap and water is not available.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Wipe down the surfaces around you frequently.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice social distancing which is creating ways to increase the distance between people in settings where people commonly come into close contact with one another.
- Stay home if after your trip you would be returning to individuals who are high-risk candidates to contract the CDVID-19.
- Stay home if you have traveled internationally in the last 30 days.
How Are the CDC and State of Louisiana Responding to COVID-19?
Developments around the spread of coronavirus are changing quickly. Click here for updates from the CDC and here for Louisiana’s response. Additionally, the state has set up a general information hotline at (855) 523-2652.