Digital Marketing Strategy Is Your Marketing Strategy
COVID-19 has shocked many of us into an accelerated timeline for digital transformation as our customers are online like never before, making digital channels the primary (if not only) ways by which customers interact with brands. Moreover, the consequences of the pandemic are unprecedented. No one knows what’s coming next or how the behavior of customers will change next, so marketers must listen to them to be ready to flex to their needs like never before.
This 3-hour virtual training session will help you define and sharpen your digital marketing strategy whether your digital marketing function is up and running or if you’re looking to start.
- 3 hours of live instruction (11 a.m. – 2 p.m. CDT)
- Includes interactive Q&A and hands-on exercises
- Resources, templates, tips and best practices
After completing registration, you will receive a purchase receipt. We will email you the information for accessing this training closer to the event.
Digital Marketing Bootcamp Bundle
This session is part of a training bundle that includes the other classes below. You’ll receive access to the live teachings (and the recorded video of the session) plus the on-demand training videos listed below for just $299. That’s more than a 15% savings from buying each training individually.
- Essentials for Content Marketing Success (June 18)
- Social Media Strategy in a Changing World (On-Demand Video Available June 17)
- Improving Email Marketing Effectiveness (On-Demand Video Available June 17)
- SEO in Uncertain Times (On-Demand Video Available June 17)
All live events are from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. CDT.
- Sharpen your understanding of strategy and why it’s critical for digital marketing success
- Clarify the building blocks of a digital marketing strategy to build your digital marketing plan
- Understand the interconnected digital marketing tactical areas and how they can work together to make each more effective
Founder and Strategist, Three Over Four
Aaron Templer is a leadership and marketing consultant with a music problem. As an award-winning, 20+ year marketing leader, Templer explores influence at the intersection of leadership and marketing through speaking, teaching and writing. He runs a marketing firm (Three Over Four), is an award-winning AMA chapter past president, professional instructor, and AMA Professional Chapters Council volunteer.
Friday, June 19 (Central Daylight Time)
Back to Basics: What is Strategy and Why Is It Important?
What is strategy?
- Business strategy vs. strategy through a marketing lens
- Strategy. Not strategies.
- Opportunity -> Strategy -> Action
- Goals -> Strategy -> Objectives -> KPIs
How a good strategy helps
- Clarity of direction
- Understanding results
- Aligning tactics
- The importance of understanding business
- Balancing strategy with flexibility
- Now’s not the time to be rigid
- How to build “anti-fragile” strategies
- People -> Process -> Tools
Building A Digital Strategy
Mindset and approach
- Customer journeys
- Lean and agile
- UX vs. graphic design
- Promotion vs. publishing
- Dedication to data
- Human Intelligence
Marketing best practices matter all the more in digital
- Brand, value, positioning, differentiation
Stakes in the ground: What are you trying to achieve?
- Brand awareness
- Lead generation
- Customer retention/loyalty
Metrics and analytics part one
Building Relationships Across Tactics
Key tactical areas and how they interact
- CRMs and automation
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Paid search
- CPC and paid social
- List curation
- Social media marketing
- Landing pages
- Infographic design
- Marketing automation
- Lead gen
- Traditional media relations
Prioritizing and budgeting
Metrics and analytics part two