End the Sales & Marketing Blame Game
There’s an ongoing blame game between sales and marketing. Expectations for lead delivery, quality, follow-up, and closure are often misaligned or not realistic, causing each group to undervalue the others’ contributions. This not only hurts the entire company’s performance but can also cause personal grievances that lead to employee turnover or lack of productivity.
However, when sales and marketing teams are aligned there’s often a major impact—sales cycles are shorter, the cost of acquisitions goes down, and you finally start seeing the revenue growth in your margins.
When both teams work in coordination, businesses can see a 27% faster profit growth.
Bridging the gap between sales and marketing is crucial to success. Join us to discuss how creating a culture of shared accountability and understanding of each team’s role can improve alignment and company growth.
December 12, 2023 | 10:00 a.m. – Noon CT
- Discuss the organizational impact of having the sales and marketing teams aligned and how to bridge the gap to have a more beneficial and collaborative working relationship
- Identify how to create a communication plan throughout the customer journey so that sales and marketing can speak the same language
- Discuss how to align marketing and sales teams to common goals that benefit both departments and the organization as a whole
- Identify how to create transparency and empathy across teams through shared metrics and ownership of failures and successes
Want to attend with a group of 3 or more? Contact email@example.com at least one business day in advance to get 10% off registration.
AMA Members Get the Best Pricing
Not only do members get discounts on training like this, but they also receive exclusive content, downloadable tools, unlimited access to AMA Journals, membership in networking communities and more.
Are you an AMA Professional Certified Marketer®️? This training is worth 2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to maintain your PCM®️ certification.
Training Backed By Research
AMA training is unique because of its data-backed approach. The AMA Marketing Skills Framework identifies the most impactful skills marketers need to advance their careers. It’s based on our research with more than 1,000 marketing professionals and academic leaders.
Marcus Murphy is a business expert, investor and producer who cares deeply about the flourishing and success of entrepreneurs. He previously worked for Yelp in San Francisco, going from start-up to a multi-billion dollar giant. He sits on the advisory board at LinkedIn and is a sought after speaker and trainer to LinkedinLearning’s more than 22 million students.
Marcus was a senior member of the executive team at DigitalMarketer and is widely known for his business partnerships with people and brands like Tony Robbins, Daymond John, Gary Vaynerchuk, Google, LinkedIn, and many more. Marcus is world renowned speaker with keynotes and appearances at conferences like INBOUND, Hypergrowth, Dreamforce, Social Media Week, ICON, Digital Sales and Marketing Day, and publications like Good Morning America, Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine and more. He is also the host of major industry events like Traffic and Conversion Summit, Affiliate Summit, Retail Fest, and EMC, boasting more than 20,000 attendees between them.
Marcus is currently the CEO and founder of 5ive, an education and sports operating platform for professional and elite athletic organizations around the world. Marcus heads the internal marketing agency for emerging NBA athletes and leads the educational partnership with the NBA player association’s Top 100 Camp and Rookie Transition Programs.
On a more personal note Marcus is a husband to his beautiful and talented wife Gina and their two amazing daughters Florence and Pearl.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners with small teams, or looking to start a sales + marketing team
- Middle management, leading small sales or marketing teams
- Sales and marketing associates looking to champion alignment in their organizations.
- Anyone in management seeking to implement tactics, tools, and education around the topic of aligning sales and marketing
- 2 hours of live instruction starting at 10:00 a.m. CT
- Interactive Q&A
- Tips and best practices
- Access to recording and resources for three months
Can’t Attend Live But Want the Information?
We will send a link to the recording and resources within one business day of the event to registrants! Access will be available for three months.