The “Why” Matters: The Imperative to Understand Consumer Behavior in a Data-Driven World
Join the AMA Consumer Behavior SIG for this second, exclusive limited-attendees event. The 2024 conference will take place in the beautiful city of Vienna, Austria, in the heart of Europe, offering a unique cultural experience. While submissions addressing the abovementioned conference theme are encouraged, all consumer behavior work is welcome.
This year’s theme centers on the notion that in an increasingly data-driven world that prioritizes predictive and generative models, it has become more crucial to focus on and understand the psychological mechanisms that explain and drive consumer behavior. Despite the apparent benefits of these models for companies and researchers, large generative and predictive models remain black boxes, and their outputs (what most likely happens) do not necessarily translate into a true understanding of consumer behavior (why it happens). The contribution of consumer research to these challenges ought to be not only documenting what consumers do but also understanding why consumers behave the way they do and why this matters for marketing managers. Therefore, there is a clear imperative to better understand consumer behavior in today’s data-driven world.
Submit your paper today to be a part of this exclusive event!
Given the boutique character of the conference, participation spots are limited. Early registration is encouraged after conference decisions have been sent out.
- Submissions Open | September 1, 2023
- Submissions Close | December 11, 2023
- Notifications of Acceptance | February 1, 2024
- Conference Dates | July 1-3 , 2024
Join AMA to Attend
This is an AMA members-only event, as you must be a CBSIG member to attend or present at the conference. Register for AMA membership today to join the AMA Consumer Behavior SIG and more.
2024 CBSIG Vienna Co-Chairs:
- Mathew Isaac | Seattle University
- Mansur Khamitov | Indiana University
- Julio Sevilla | University of Georgia
- Christina Schamp | WU, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Melanie Clegg | WU, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Burçak Bas | WU, Vienna University of Economics and Business
Learn more about the AMA CBSIG