AMA Diversity Leadership Institute
The AMA Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI) is a four-day retreat that allows participants the opportunity to meet and interact with an intimate cohort of marketing students from historically disenfranchised and underrepresented communities in the marketing field.
The Institute allows 20-25 marketing students from underrepresented backgrounds the unique opportunity to network with their peers and be led in small groups by representatives from our academic and professional community serving as Institute facilitators.
What You’ll Get
- Learn the history and functions of marketing
- Gain knowledge of contemporary marketing issues
- Participate in intergroup dialogue around issues of equity and social justice
- Collaborate with peers to research and present ethical solutions to current marketing leadership issues
- Reflect on and articulate the influence of personal identities and histories on effective marketing leadership
- Engage in professional networking with marketing faculty and practitioners
With the cost of food, travel and lodging covered, there is no reason for any student marketer to miss out on this life-changing experience!
- All applicants must be undergraduate students carrying full-time enrollment as defined by their institution (students graduating in the Spring 2024 are also eligible and encouraged to apply)
- Active AMA collegiate membership (non-chapter members eligible to apply) Not yet an AMA member? Click here to join today for $29/year for undergrad collegiate membership!
- Applicants who identify as a racial or ethnic minority, identify as LGBTQ or have a documented disability are eligible to apply
- Online application form that includes a letter of recommendation, résumé, specific questions regarding your interest in the program as well as demographic information
Applications for the 2024 Diversity Leadership Institute are open November 1, 2023 to January 31, 2024.
*If you receive a message says “uploading files is not permitted when data loss prevention is enabled for your domain,” please make sure that you are logged into a personal Google account to gain access to the application. If you need additional support, please email email@example.com.
2024 DLI Corporate Donors
To learn more about this unique philanthropic opportunity, please contact Chris Cole, Director of DEI, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AMA Support Center team is here to help at (800) AMA-1150 or email@example.com