Join the Slack Workspace
Any current or incoming professional chapter board members can join via this link: http://bit.ly/AMASLACK. Note: This link is the only way to join this group – you cannot be invited via email from within the slack group.
Join Slack Channels
Click the links below to join the channels dedicated to discussions of most interest to you. All chapter leaders will be automatically added to the General channel.
- General – use connect with all chapter leaders to collaborate; not intended for promotional use for events and job opportunities.
- President – join for your president year and feel free to opt-out when you shift to your past-president year
- President-Elect – join for your president-elect year and feel free to opt-out when you shift to your president year
- Past-President – private channel
- Membership – join if you are in any membership role or if you are interested in the topic
- Programming – join if you are in any programming role or if you are interested in the topic
- Communication – join if you are in any communications role or if you are interested in the topic
- DEI – join if you are in any DEI role or if you are interested in the topic
- Finance/Sponsorship – join if you are in any finance or sponsorship role or if you are interested in the topic
- Metrics – join if you handle surveys, data, or analytics for your chapter
- Community/Outreach/Collegiate – join if you are in any outreach or collegiate role or if you are interested in the topic
- Job and Event Posting – join to post or see all job and event postings; do not cross-post jobs and events in other channels.
Slack Usage Tips
- Join the appropriate channels to stay connected and informed based on your chapter role or interest. Note: As you shift roles during your tenure, you will need to personally shift channels. The administrators of the workspace will not move users into different channels.
- Engage in as many posting as possible – answer the question, share examples, connect people who might know the answer. It only works if people answer as well as ask!
- When asking a question or sharing something in a channel, include “@channel” to send notifications to other channel members about the new post.
- Manage your own notifications by clicking on your name/preferences in the upper left corner.
- Reminder: Direct messages are private; administrators of the workspace cannot read them.
- If you are having problems joining/using the Slack workplace and channels, or if you need assistance from the AMA Support Center in resolving a specific issue for your chapter, contact email@example.com for assistance.