Marketers Change the World for the Better!
How have you made a positive impact on the environment, social justice, economic fairness, health, quality of life, or other social concerns? Tell us!
… In a few easy steps, your story could win a scholarship!
What is this scholarship about?
Marketing professionals should be good at what they do while doing good in the process. To this end, the American Marketing Association is dedicated to transforming students into professionals who foster socially responsible practices in business and in life.
The social impact scholarship program recognizes those students creating this positive change in the marketing profession and in the world. “Social impact” pertains to making a positive difference at the local, regional or larger community in terms of the environment, social justice, economic fairness, health conditions, quality of life, or other social concern.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you match the following key criteria:
- You hold a leadership role within your AMA collegiate chapter and have used your marketing skills to make an impact both on and off campus:
- You are an AMA student member and part of an active AMA collegiate chapter
- You must have an overall GPA of 3.25 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- You are a full- time undergraduate student who plans to return to full time status in the upcoming Fall 2021 semester. (Spring/Summer semester 2021 graduates are not eligible).
What do I need to apply?
Here are the materials you need for your application:
- Your Social Impact Story. Between 400-700 words (roughly one page single spaced or two pages double spaced) describing your positive impact at the local, regional or larger community in terms of the environment, social justice, economic fairness, health conditions, quality of life, or other social concern. Your story should describe what, where, how, and for whom your efforts have made (or are making) a difference. While altruistic and philanthropic activities are valued and encouraged, you need to emphasize how marketing skills and techniques were utilized to achieve the desired outcomes.
- A letter of recommendation. One page, maximum, from your AMA chapter Faculty Advisor.
- Your current academic transcript
- Your current resume
When is it due?
The Submission deadline is 11:59pm CT on February 22, 2021.
Submit all documents here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
How are winners selected
The Social Impact Scholarship Committee, made up of select AMA collegiate council members and chapter advisors, reviews the pool of completed applications to determine the scholarship award winners. Winners will be announced at the International Collegiate Conference Awards Banquet. Once approved, scholarship funds are sent to the winner’s university to be applied to fall tuition expenses, with any remainder given directly to the winner.
Still don’t think you can win? Think again! Learn more about past scholarship winners with leadership achievements just like yours! We look forward to reading all about you in your application!
The AMA collegiate scholarships were established by the American Marketing Association Foundation to recognize student leaders who are using their marketing skills to make communities stronger. The scholarships were first awarded in Fall 2016.
Sponsored by the AMA Foundation
The AMA collegiate scholarships were established by the American Marketing Association Foundation to recognize student leaders who are using their marketing skills for the greater good. The scholarships were first awarded in Fall 2016. As the philanthropic arm of the AMA, the AMA Foundation champions individual marketers who are making an impact in our profession and communities. We recognize marketing visionaries who have elevated the field, and we support the next generation of marketers who will transform the profession.