The AMA’s Social Impact Scholarship is awarded to AMA student members who have made a positive impact in their local, regional or larger community.
Applicants must also be current student members of the AMA and members of an active AMA collegiate chapter. Candidates should be involved in developing their marketing skills both on and off campus, including a demonstrated leadership role within their AMA Collegiate Chapter.
The American Marketing Association is committed to transforming students into marketing professionals who are good at what they do while doing good in the process. Although all altruistic and philanthropic efforts are valued and encouraged, higher points will be earned by students who accomplished their goals by utilizing their marketing skills and techniques.
Scholarship applications and associated materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time on March 3, 2019. The Scholarship Committee will review their pool of properly completed applications to determine their designated award winners. Once approved, scholarship funds will be dispersed to each recipient’s university to be applied to their fall tuition expenses with any remainder given directly to the student. Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the Annual International Collegiate Conference.
- Applicants must be current student members of the AMA and members of an active AMA collegiate chapter. Call 800.AMA.1150 to join.
- As of February 2019, the candidate must be a full time undergraduate student and planning to return to full time status in the upcoming Fall 2019 semester. (Dec. 2018 and Spring/Summer semester 2019 graduates are not eligible as the scholarship will be applied to Fall 2019 undergraduate tuition.)
- Candidates must have achieved an overall GPA of 3.25 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- The candidate should be involved in developing their marketing skills both on and off campus, including a demonstrated leadership role within their university’s AMA Collegiate Chapter.
- If selected as an award recipient, the individual must maintain their AMA membership during the period of the scholarship.
Candidates who meet the previously noted qualifications are eligible to apply. The final selection of the scholarship recipients will be made by the AMA Social Impact Scholarship Committee.
Have all of your materials ready before submitting! To be considered complete, an application shall include the following information:
- A current transcript (if selected as a recipient, an official transcript will be requested)
- A current resume
- A recommendation letter (one page, maximum) from your AMA chapter Faculty Advisor
- A 400-700 word essay on how you have utilized your marketing skills to make a positive impact at the local, regional or larger community in terms of the environment, social justice, economic fairness, health conditions, quality of life, or other social concern.
- Upload all of the above documents here.
Applications and all associated materials must be uploaded by 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time on March 3, 2019. Should you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To join the AMA, please call 800.AMA.1150.
In the event the recipient voluntarily discontinues his or her university education, or fails to remain in good standing as prescribed by the American Marketing Association, (s)he shall forfeit all rights of the scholarship, and the money shall revert to the fund.
The AMA collegiate scholarships were established by the American Marketing Association Foundation to recognize student leaders who are using their marketing skills to make communities stronger. The scholarships were first awarded in Fall 2016.
The philanthropic arm of the AMA, the AMA Foundation champions individual marketers who are making an impact in our profession and community. We recognize marketing visionaries who have elevated the field, and we support the next generation of marketers who will transform the profession.
Please visit our AMA Scholars page to learn about previous recipients!