The AMA Higher Education Marketer of the Year Awards honor extraordinary leadership and achievement in the field of higher education marketing and are brought to you by the AMA Foundation and its founding sponsor Lipman Hearne.
The deadline to nominate a team or individual for the award is August 23, 2019.
To be eligible for the AMA Higher Education Marketer of the Year Awards, individual nominees and teams must be currently employed at a higher education institution with focus on the branding, marketing, and communications aspects of a college or university. All nominees will be considered regardless of organization size and budget. There will be two awards bestowed, one award recognizing an individual thought leader and one award recognizing an outstanding marketing team.
Nominations will close on August 23, 2019. All nominees will receive notification of their candidacy and will be required to complete and submit a candidate profile form for further consideration that provides additional information on the candidate’s experience in the categories below.
A panel consisting of a mix of marketing experts and practitioners will serve on the selection committee. All judges will be leaders and experts in the field of higher education marketing with careers as marketing academics, consultants, and practitioners.
Upon reviewing the candidate profiles, the top three finalists will be asked to submit a video and invited to attend the 2019 Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education. The winner will be decided by conference attendees, and the winning team will be announced onsite at the conference.
Vision and leadership, such as:
- How the candidate’s work has helped advance or transform the field of higher education marketing
- How the candidate’s work has helped transform their organization
- Thought leadership in the form of speaking and writing on higher education marketing
- Recognition by peers in the field
Strategy, such as:
- Breakthroughs and advances in organizing and planning in the context of higher education organizations
- Development of unique methodologies
- Effective collaboration inside the organization and with outside partners
- Creative approaches to marketing problem solving and communications
Results, such as:
- Employment of effective methods of measurement
- Achievement of the organization’s goals, both immediate and over time
- Innovative use of social media, technology or other emerging tools or trends to advance higher education marketing practices
Recognition and Benefits
Award winners will be announced and honored at the 2019 Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education. Recipients of the 2019 AMA Higher Education Marketer of the Year Awards will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the 2019 Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education(a travel grant may be provided)
- Recognition and award presentation at the luncheon held at the 2019 AMA Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education
- Post-conference recognition via a press release and AMA social media channels.
Learn more about the AMA Foundation and the AMA Foundation Higher Education Marketer of the Year Awards
Please contact the AMA Foundation with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).