Journal of International Marketing launched its 2020 volume with a special issue examining new implications of the digital environment related to the study of international marketing. Featured in the special issue are both senior and emerging experts in this space exploring a range of issues that offer a powerful platform to guide future research.
The first three articles focus on how international marketing is broadly being transformed across the field as well as specifically at the firm and customer levels. The last two articles explore how highly innovative marketing practices are being created and influenced in international marketing spaces:
- Storied thought leader Jagdish Sheth (Emory University) offers a broad view of the evolution of social media and its influence on marketing use a value creation framework with five dimensions: access, affordability, acceptance, awareness, and activation.
- Jan-Benedict E.M. Steenkamp (University of North Carolina) provides guidance for global brand building and management via five core trends: (1) digital sales channels, (2) cocreation of brand strategy, (3) transparency, (4) connectivity among consumers, and (5) Internet of Things.
- Global marketers are under incredible pressure to keep up with dramatic shifts in customer journeys, observe Hyoryung Nam, (University of Washington) and P.K. Kannan (University of Maryland).
“Narrowband Influencers and Global Icons: Universality and Media Compatibility in the Communication Patterns of Political Leaders Worldwide”
- A team led by Renana Peres (Hebrew University of Jerusalem) studies the social and traditional media strategies of over 60 world leaders categorizing them along universality and media compatibility.
- Felipe Thomaz (Oxford University) establishes one of the first articles explaining the relationship between dark net markets and international marketing.
This issue marks the first under editor in chief Kelly Hewett. Hewett is on the faculty of the Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee and began her term as editor in chief in July 2019.
Full issue and contact information is available available at https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/jiga/28/1
About the Journal of International Marketing
The Journal of International Marketing is an international, peer-reviewed journal that is dedicated to advancing international marketing practice, research, and theory. Contributions addressing any aspect of international marketing are welcome. The journal presents scholarly and managerially relevant articles on international marketing. Aimed at both international marketing/business scholars and practitioners at senior- and mid-level international marketing positions, the journal’s prime objective is to bridge the gap between theory and practice in international marketing.
About the American Marketing Association (AMA)
As the largest chapter-based marketing association in the world, the AMA is trusted by marketing and sales professionals to help them discover what’s coming next in the industry. The AMA has a community of local chapters in more than 70 cities and 350 college campuses throughout North America. The AMA is home to award-winning content, PCM® professional certification, premiere academic journals, and industry-leading training events and conferences.