The American Marketing Association is seeking nominations and applications for the editor in chief designate of Journal of Marketing Research (JMR), the AMA’s premier journal dedicated to the development, dissemination, and implementation of research in marketing, marketing research methods and measurement, and market analysis. Nominations from marketing scholars throughout the world are encouraged.
The Editor in Chief (EIC) will serve a three-year term beginning July 1, 2020. Under the new editorial structure adopted in April 2014, the EIC of JMR works with a team of two co-editors and a large number associate editors. The EIC designate and co-editor designates will begin phasing in on new manuscripts beginning on or about April 1, 2020.
Qualifications and major criteria for evaluating candidates are the following:
1. Recognized authority in the area of marketing research
2. Evidence of outstanding service as a reviewer
3. Evidence of administrative ability
4. Evidence of commitment to further enhance the stature of the journal
5. Commitment by the potential editor’s employer for resource support
6. Agreement to operate within AMA policies and strategic guidelines
7. Willingness to make the time commitment.
Further information about Journal of Marketing Research may be obtained at https://www.ama.org/jmr
Nominations, including self-nominations, should be submitted in a letter of no more than two pages by August 31, 2019 to David Stewart at David.Stewart@lmu.edu with a copy to Matt Weingarden at email@example.com. There is no need to provide the names of potential co-editors during this initial phase of the nomination process. The letter of nomination should provide details of the qualifications of the nominee. Ideally, the willingness of a nominee to serve will be determined prior to submission of a letter of nomination.
The Selection Committee will contact all nominated EIC candidates to ascertain their interest in being considered for the position. Following a review of the credentials of the interested EIC nominees, the Committee will invite three or four EIC finalists to submit a more detailed, final round proposal.
Under current AMA policy, the selection committee consists of AMA’s Vice President for Publications (Chair), a past editor of JMR, a representative of AMA’s Academic Council, three at-large members, and a member of AMA’s professional publications staff.
The members of the current selection committee are:
- David W. Stewart, Loyola Marymount University (Chair)
- Tulin Erdem, New York University
- Vanitha Swaminathan, University of Pittsburgh
- Anthony Dukes, University of Southern California
- Jan Heide, University of Wisconsin
- Carolyn Yoon, University of Michigan
- Matt Weingarden, AMA Director of Integrated Academic Content
Questions related to the nomination and search process should be directed to:
David W. Stewart
AMA Vice President of Publications
President’s Professor of Marketing and Business Law
Loyola Marymount University
1 LMU Drive
Conrad Hilton Business Center, Suite 319
Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659