Prioritizing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Marketers are leaders in ensuring their brands are creating content that meets business goals and aligns with moral responsibilities. With continued unrest around social justice issues, there has never been a greater marketing imperative than ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion are unpacked, practiced and thoughtfully implemented department-wide.
With so much at stake and so much to learn, where do you even begin? This free, two-hour virtual training is the first in a series designed to engage marketing professionals in discussions around essential, relevant and applicable learning. You will leave equipped with a variety of resources for scaling your learning.
- 2 hours of live instruction (starting at 10am CDT)
- Interactive Discussion and Q&A
- Low-intensity resources including articles, videos and social media selections
- Medium-intensity resources including books and discussion forums
- High-intensity resources including volunteer opportunities and considerations for organization-wide learning
- Learn how to set long-term goals that connect marketing and DEI strategies to more successfully drive business objectives.
- Gain an appreciation for a diverse team and clarity on the consequences of NOT having one.
- Get an awareness of key acronyms and terms that will better inform your work with colleagues and clients.
- Understand how to examine your market-ready work with an eye on DEI.
- Gain a deeper appreciation for curating content based on in-depth audience segmentation.
- Understand the value of feedback to learn and adjust.
Marketing & Communications Director, Ford Next Generation Learning
As a creative at heart, home and work, Jessica’s loyalty is to first-class storytelling, and over her 12-year career she’s dedicated her work to branding, communication and marketing. She is a purpose-driven Latina who pours her soul into work that empowers others. Jessica leverages her sphere of influence to champion DEI and believes as a marketer she has the opportunity to bring the voices of marginalized communities into the fold. Jessica has deep experience shaping brand and marketing strategy resulting in deepened engagement and organizational growth. She enjoys graphic design, ballet, and a great cup of coffee. She resides in the greater Chicagoland area with her husband and two sons.