If your SEO strategy looks the same as it did a few years ago, then it’s time for a reboot. Take your organization’s SEO results to the next level by furthering your knowledge on the latest tactics, strategies and trends that will move your website up the list of search results. This intermediate level, two-day deep-dive training will cover case studies, best practices and hands-on exercises designed to help you gain momentum around ranking, clicks, traffic and conversions. You’ll leave with new insights and an actionable 6-12 month plan customized to your organization.
|Early-Bird (Before 01/02/20)||Standard Price|
What You’ll Learn
- Beyond simple, basic SEO tactics, what do you need to do to drive results in the competitive market and landscape today?
- What are the top SEO tools—free and paid—that you should use to be more effective in your organization and get things done faster.
- What are the biggest mistakes marketers make when it comes to SEO? You’ll learn the tactics and techniques are still effective, and which are obsolete that you can throw out the window.
- How SEO integrates into the larger marketing mix, and how it complements and supports other channels like social media, content marketing, PR, inbound marketing and paid search.
- How to measure and report on SEO results, and how to determine what metrics matter the most for your organization and leadership.
- How to optimize content on-site and off-site across different platforms: your website pages and posts, your social media copy, images, videos and more.
- When can you move into SEO maintenance, and what are the specific activities you need to do monthly to maintain your position?
- Identify what new habits you should build into your marketing routine to leverage and amplify SEO results.
- Learn how to measure results, report on KPIs and glean actionable insight from the data.
- Identify critical one-time and ongoing SEO tasks that will be meaningful to get results in your space.
- Gain competitive insight and intel into why your competition is ranking ahead of you (and what you need to do to out-rank them)
- Identify low-hanging fruit you can address immediately to gain you more visibility and traffic.
Who Should Attend
Marketers of all levels in all industries who understand the importance of improving their SEO knowledge and who need to drive more brand awareness and traffic. The marketers who will get the most out of this are those who:
- Understand the foundational basics of SEO (concepts and terminology)
- Have the authority to make decisions and changes (in real-time during the training) to their content, channels, CMS, and off-site channels
- Will come prepared with laptops and account set-up and log-in information for: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, your website CMS, and (optional) your Google My Business account, any SEO tools you have (free or premium) and social media accounts
Google takes over 200 signals into account when it comes to ranking you against your competition. Do you know what it will take to gain more visibility and traffic in 2020? In a competitive landscape, it’s hard to gain momentum when you’re picking up and implementing SEO advice in small, fragmented doses. If you haven’t had a deep dive into modern SEO best practices and trends in the past few years, and you’re frustrated with your organization’s current visibility, rankings, and traffic, this Intermediate SEO training is just what you need.
Interview With the Instructor
AMA Event Policies
Thursday, January 30
Hot Breakfast and Registration
We’ll kick off the day with a nice breakfast. You’ll also be provided with lunch and breaks throughout the day.
- Modern Consumer/Searcher Refresher
- Are you meeting the most current habits, preferences, and desires of your market?
- How current trends should influence your SEO and digital strategy
- Review SEO best practices and foundations
- What foundations are your website and content lacking?
- How does SEO fits into your integrated marketing mix?
EXERCISE: SEO Performance Scorecard + Documentation
Keyword Strategy and Hands-On Keyword Research
- Keyword Strategy 201
- Keyword Research Best Practices and Tools
EXERCISE: Keyword Research Tools and Extensions
SERPS Analysis and Competitive Auditing
- Learn how to do a simple and quick competitive audit
- Identify what content formats Google is prioritizing and what opportunities exist for additional visibility on both mobile and desktop
EXERCISE: Perform a Competitive Audit
Friday, January 31
Breakfast will be waiting for you when you arrive for day two. Lunch and breaks will be provided throughout the day.
On-Page SEO, On-Site and Off-Site Content Optimization
- How is Google interpreting and evaluating your page?
- What is in your direct control? What other factors do you need to be aware of?
- Review on-page SEO and content creation strategies.
- Learn and apply best practices and next-level techniques to optimize content on other platforms.
- Be more findable and own your area of expertise across every channel.
EXERCISE: Apply keywords, internal linking campaign, analyze off-site platforms and social media accounts.
Backlinks and Social SEO
- Off-page SEO is non-negotiable.
- Review modern backlink strategies and techniques.
- Amplification and optimization techniques
- Improve discovery, backlinks and engagement metrics
EXERCISE: Backlink Analysis
- Rich Snippets (what are they and why should you care?)
- Voice Search
- Optimizing for Digital Assistants and Home Devices
- Latest in Technical SEO and Mobile SEO.
- E-commerce to Local businesses to Enterprise to B2B to B2C
EXERCISE: SEO Calendar and Action Plan, SERPs Analysis Part II, Activity Analysis and Insights
Measurement, Reporting and Data-Driven Insight
- What are you measuring, why, and where to look
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Data export and analysis
EXERCISE: Google Analytics, Google Search Console Analytics, Dashboard Creation and Reporting
Review and Wrap-Up
- Next Steps
EXERCISE: SEO Calendars and Action Plan
Jenny MunnSEO Consultant, The Munn Group
Jenny Munn is a digital marketer with a deep specialty in search engine optimization strategy, training and implementation. She has trained in-house marketers for years and has provided SEO services for B2B, B2C, e-commerce and nonprofit organizations in a variety of industries. Munn has taught SEO workshops across the country for eight years to help agencies, web designers, in-house marketers and businesses of every size maximize their return on SEO. She is currently an SEO consultant for the K-12 education market.
The Don CeSar
3400 Gulf Blvd.
St Pete Beach, FL 33706
The AMA has arranged a special rate of $269 (plus $18 resort fee and taxes) per night.
> Reserve Online
The Don (Pink Palace) is a true legend. Dramatically perched atop wind-swept dunes with expansive views in every direction, The Don CeSar is the epitome of old-world glamour and sophistication. Since 1928, it has graciously welcomed the world’s elite, stars of the silver screen, renowned authors, U.S presidents and even a gangster or two, all seeking a private, sophisticated stay in the sun.
Air Travel Discount
The AMA has teamed up with Delta Air Lines to offer a special discount on air travel. Click here to get started. You can also call the Delta Meeting Network at (800) 328-1111 and refer to meeting code NMTSM. There is no service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via this service.
Area Attractions and Events
Please visit the City of Tampa for additional city information.
The AMA is committed to providing equal access to our meetings for all attendees. If you are an attendee with a disability and require program accommodations, please contact the AMA Support Center at (800) AMA-1150 or email@example.com, and a member of our staff will ensure that appropriate access arrangements are made. If you have specific disability-related needs for your hotel sleeping room, please be sure to communicate those directly to the hotel when you make your reservation. In an effort to provide the highest quality of service to all attendees, we require that details of all access requests be communicated to our office at least 14 days in advance of the beginning of the meeting.