Putting Customers Ahead of the Products
The pitch is essential. Yet so many organizations have sellers going rogue and Frankensteining together decks that barely tell a cohesive story or leave time for client discovery. Marketers are tasked with creating beautifully branded decks and trying to be the voice in their sales team heads in delivering the perfect pitch. This can feel like a herculean, unrealistic effort.
In this interactive virtual training, we’ll walk you through the process of how to approach and build a customer-centric pitch deck that is consistently used by your sales team.
- 3 hours of live instruction (starting at 11 a.m. CDT)
- Interactive Q&A and hands-on exercises
- Resources, tips and best practices
Please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.
AMA Members Get Best Pricing and More
Not only do AMA members get discounts on trainings like this one, but they also receive exclusive content, downloadable tools, unlimited digital access to AMA academic journals and newly added benefits every week. It’s all for a low price of $149/year. (That’s only $12.42/month.)
- Learn how to focus on your customer instead of your company in building your pitch deck
- Understand the power of iteration — there is no perfect deck
- Discover why a pitch deck is a conversation starter, not the deal closer
Who Should Attend?
Anyone responsible for enabling sales teams to sell. It’s perfect for product marketing professionals but will also benefit marketers tasked with growth and those who work in B2B.
Product Marketing Manager, Xactly
Kim has over 10 years of experience in B2B and B2C marketing partnering with sales, marketing, customer success and product teams to build insight-based growth and development plans. As a Product Marketing Manager, she is responsible for building the brand voice and enabling sales for her company’s newly acquired products. She is currently heading up the development of initiatives to transition the company from being product-centric to customer-centric.
AMA Event Policies
Tuesday, September 29 (All Times Central)
Establishing the Story
Knowing Your Audience
- Factoring in your understanding of competitors, personas and industry in your pitch
- Activity: Walkthrough a worksheet on key points of consideration to ensure your deck is customer-centric
Building the Deck
Building a pitch deck library
- The Four Key Slides in every deck
- Activity: Breakout groups where participants talk about their four key slides
How to encourage personalization and limit Frankenstein decks
Training and Enabling Sales
The internal pitch deck
- The Importance of Story – the need to ensure Sales has a strong understanding of the story
Building a sales feedback loop
- Working with a tiger team of reps to ensure you’re building a story others want to share
- Building trust with sales