Understand Your Strengths, Weaknesses and Communications Style
There are a select few marketers who stand out from the rest within any organization by consistently exceeding expectations. They are most valued by their peers, management and leadership. These top marketing performers usually directly impact the organizations’ marketing successes and are recognized as playing a key role in overall business growth.
Are you a top marketing performer in the making? Do you believe you have reached a point in your career where you are ready and able to be viewed and valued as a top marketing performer? If so, this virtual workshop is for you!
We’ll discuss the importance and impact emotional intelligence has on your relationships and successes. Then, through hands-on exercises, we’ll help you better understand how to excel at communicating with your peers, management and leadership. We’ll also give you the tools to identify your biggest triggers so you can learn to react in a way your peers respect.
The workshop will walk you through best practices on how to position yourself for success within your team by understanding your greatest strengths, as well as your present challenges and weaknesses. You’ll walk away with a detailed plan that will help you take the next step in your career.
- 4 hours of live instruction over two days
- Interactive Q&A and hands-on exercises
- Resources, tips and best practices
- On-demand access for six months
After completing registration, you will receive a purchase receipt. We will email you the information for accessing this training closer to the event.
Want to attend with a group of 3 or more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least one business day in advance to get 10% off registration.
AMA Members Get Best Pricing and More
Not only do AMA members get discounts on trainings like this one, but they also receive exclusive content, downloadable tools, unlimited digital access to AMA academic journals and newly added benefits every week. It’s all for a low price of $149/year. (That’s only $12.42/month.)
President, Advocacy Social
Cord Silverstein is an award-winning brand and content marketer and social media strategist. He ensures his clients do not confuse audience with influence by developing campaigns that allow brands to engage with their most loyal customers and fans. Silverstein has focused throughout his career in bringing down the walls within his clients’ organizations to develop and launch campaigns that deliver tangible and trackable success.
Day 1 (All Times Central)
Behaviors of Top-Performing Marketers
- What makes a top performer a top performer
- What specific traits differentiate top-performing marketers from the rest of the team
Honest Selfie Assessment
- The core of a top performer is understanding their own strengths and weaknesses
- Walkthrough of the Honest Selfie – taking an honest look at your individual strengths and weaknesses
Top Performers and Emotional Intelligence
- Top performers generally have a higher level of emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Overview of emotional intelligence and why it plays such a large role in professional and personal success
- How emotional intelligence drives our emotions
- Ways teams communicate today and certain assumptions you should have each and every day when communicating to team members
- Understanding empathy
- What are your professional triggers
- Learning how to deal and react when triggered
High Stakes Conversations
- What is a high-stakes conversation
- Deliver concise messages to compel and convey a point
- Maintain the right mindset and physical presence
- Connect with an individual stakeholder while managing multiple stakeholders
- Avoid messaging pitfalls
Be Seen as a Top Performer by Management
- How to focus on your strengths, hide your weaknesses
- Using your Honest Selfie assessment every single day
- Develop plans on what to do when you get triggered
Communicating With Confidence
- Preparing and organizing your thoughts
- Using the proper tone, speed, and breathing
- Best practices to create connections virtually and in-person
- Eliminate internal and external noise
Successful Team Brainstorms
- Want to be seen as a top-performing marketer, come up with strong and innovative marketing campaigns
- Different team brainstorm techniques for marketers
- Successfully address and approach marketing challenges and produce new and innovative ideas
- See challenges in a different light and approach
Create Your Career Trajectory Plan
- You’ve created your Honest Selfie and top professional triggers, now we need to develop a trajectory plan which will position you as a top performer within your organization
- Walk-through how to create your plan and why it is so important
- Learn how to follow this plan
Failure and Not Being Afraid to Fail
- Failure informs and educates as much, if not more than success
- If you are not failing, you are not pushing you or your team enough