Increase Your Effectiveness
Countless hours and dollars are wasted when companies are reactive about their marketing instead of proactive. B2B companies can be especially susceptible because they tend to be more sales-driven organizations with marketing playing more of a supporting role.
In this hands-on training you will learn how to approach your company’s B2B marketing more strategically. We’ll start at the beginning and ground ourselves by developing or refining your value proposition (also called a positioning statement).
Then, we’ll use that as a springboard to develop a marketing plan that makes sense for your organization’s objectives, capabilities and budget. Along the way we’ll address research techniques that can help you gather insights to strengthen your positioning and plan. We’ll also talk about budgeting and establishing metrics.
- 4 hours of live instruction over two days
- Interactive Q&A and hands-on exercises
- Resources, tips and best practices
- On-demand access for six months
- Learn the five key things you need to clearly and compellingly communicate about your B2B company
- Develop a positioning statement for your company or product
- Understand how to differentiate your company in a way that is relevant to potential customers
- Create a strategic marketing plan for your company or product
- See how to establish metrics for your marketing tactics
After completing registration, you will receive a purchase receipt. We will email you the information for accessing this training closer to the event.
Want to attend with a group of 3 or more? Contact email@example.com at least one business day in advance to get 10% off registration.
AMA Members Get Best Pricing and More
Not only do AMA members get discounts on trainings like this one, but they also receive exclusive content, downloadable tools, unlimited digital access to AMA academic journals and newly added benefits every week. It’s all for a low price of $149/year. (That’s only $12.42/month.)
Who Should Attend?
B2B marketers who want to be more strategic about how they approach their marketing messaging, spending and execution.
Susan Silver is a marketing expert with almost 30 years of experience working with businesses ranging from those in the Fortune 100 to pre-revenue startups. Her company, Argentum Strategy Group, provides strategic marketing assistance to small and mid-sized B2B and B2C companies.
Prior to founding Argentum, Susan held positions in sales at Procter & Gamble, market research at Westvaco, and marketing, general management, and P&L leadership at Kraft Foods.
The Marketing Coach for the Global New Venture Challenge at the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business, Susan is also a guest lecturer at Northwestern University’s Kellogg Graduate School of Management (NU-KGSM), a mentor for Techstars and Future Founders, as well as a board member of Agricycle Global and TopStep Trader.
Day 1 (All Times Central)
Defining Your Positioning
Introductions and agenda overview
- Tool: Positioning Format
Determining your target
- Tool: Where’s Your Bull’s Eye
Unmet needs and the problem you’re solving
- Exercise: Beers With Peers
Defining your competitive set
Identifying a strong point of difference
- Exercise: Standing Out From the Crowd
The Reasons to Believe Your Point of Difference
Developing Your Marketing Plan
Setting your plan objectives
- Tool: Planning Worksheet
Marketing strategies for B2Bs
- Exercise: Determining Key Strategies
The wonderful world of B2B tactics
- Group Exercise: Identifying and Assessing B2B-Appropriate Tactics
How to approach budgeting
- Tool: Sample Metrics