As marketers and volunteer leaders within your AMA Chapter, layering diversity, equity, and inclusion into all the work you lead is more important than ever. The following trainings are one way of bolstering your skills and knowledge.
The DEI Imperative: Fundamentals for Marketers
Instructor: Jessica Delgado, Marketing & Communications Director, Ford Next Generation Learning
- Learn how to set long-term goals that connect marketing and DEI strategies to more successfully drive business objectives.
- Gain an appreciation for a diverse team and clarity on the consequences of NOT having one.
- Get an awareness of key acronyms and terms that will better inform your work with colleagues and clients.
- Understand how to examine your market-ready work with an eye on DEI.
- Gain a deeper appreciation for curating content based on in-depth audience segmentation.
- Understand the value of feedback to learn and adjust.
Decoding DEI for Marketers
Instructor: Shanita Baraka Akintonde, Professor, School of Media Arts, Columbia College Chicago
- Learn the use of basic marketing strategies that decode DEI and impact marketing best practices
- Examine case studies of brands who effectively champion DEI into the fabric of winning marketing campaigns
- Understand the elements of a successful DEI formula that lead to relevant marketing efforts
Inclusive Language and Its Impact in Marketing Training
Instructor: Shelley Willingham, Founder, National Organization for Diversity in Sales and Marketing (NODSM) and Vice President of Business Strategy, The Diversity Movement
- Understand why inclusive marketing and language matters
- Learn how to align inclusive marketing with DEI objectives
- See the business benefits of inclusive marketing
- Understand the must-haves for an inclusive marketing strategy
- Gain insight from the “best of the best” and “worst of the worst” multicultural ad campaigns
Better Marketing Through Better Accessibility
Instructors: John Samuel, Kim Casey, and Shannon Garner, Abir
- Get tips for how you can be more inclusive of people, no matter their ability
- Understand what digital accessibility is, and how it can exclude people from employment, entertainment and education
- Learn insights on the business case for disability inclusion and why you need to care
- Discover best practices for digital accessibility and actionable steps you can take to make your digital content more inclusive for all people
- Gain empathy for others and how they engage with your content
Looking to continue the conversation? Join our Slack Community for Professional Chapter Leaders like you and visit the #deicommunity channel to keep the learning and dialogue going. You can also reach out to Chris Cole, our Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.