Does Being Perceived as Global Pay Off? An Analysis of Leading Foreign and Domestic Multinational Corporations in India, Japan, and the United States
Bernhard Swoboda and Johannes Hirschmann
- This aims to identify whether MNCs can use their advantage of being global and find that perceived brand globalness enhances consumers' loyalty by affecting functional and psychological value perceptions, while these value-creation routes change according to firms' origin and consumers' ethnocentrism.
Psychic Distance and Country Image in Exporter–Importer Relationships
Aurélia Durand, Ekaterina Turkina, and Matthew Robson
- The article treats country image as a boundary condition that may reduce the negative effect of psychic distance on relational exchange orientation in exporter–importer ties; and observes different roles of people- and product-related country image, with only the latter moderating this path.
Consumer Xenocentrism as Determinant of Foreign Product Preference: A System Justification Perspective
George Balabanis and Adamantios Diamantopoulos
- This paper aims to theoretically explain consumer attraction toward foreign products. Drawing on system justification theory, a new two-dimensional construct, consumer xenocentrism, is proposed. A measurement scale is developed and validated on survey data from 5 studies.
Cultural and Economic Impacts on Global Cultural Products: Evidence from U.S. Movies
Sangkil Moon, Arul Mishra, Himanshu Mishra, and Moon Young Kang
- This article examines country-level economic and cultural factors that influence consumers’ acceptance of new global cultural products across countries, using recent U.S. movies’ box-office performances in 48 national markets as the empirical context.
Internationalizing-Innovation Profiles and High-Technology Exports: Does Lone Genius Matter?
Monte J. Shaffer, Kevin Chastagner, and U.N. Umesh
- Schumpeter's lone genius (heroic intervention of individual entrepreneurs toward new economic shores) has a significant positive impact on a country's high-technology exports.