JAR Award News
The Journal of Advertising Research announces the winners of the TVision Data Release and Call for Ideas
INTEREST CATEGORY: MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
POSTING TYPE: Awards
Author: Nanette Burns
Journal of Advertising Research News
JAR-TVision Data Release and Call for Ideas Results
In late 2022, TVision Insights, a leader in the measurement of consumer attention, teamed up with the JAR to make data from their consumer panel available to academics at no charge. The partnership is one of several JAR initiatives aimed at broadening research collaboration between members of the advertising industry and academia, announced last week at the Advertising Research Foundation’s Audience x Science 2023 conference in New York City.
TVision’s demographically representative panel includes 13,000 people from 5,000 US homes. Academics were encouraged to apply for access to the data by proposing research ideas to collaboratively advance understanding of audience attention and measurement. As a result, this partnership attracted 33 applications from academics worldwide.
Today we congratulate the eight winning teams:
- Mi Hyun Lee (Northwestern University), Su Jung Kim (University of Southern California), and Henry Yu and Pei Huang (both at Northwestern University)
- Seoungwoo Lee, Hyung Sup “Zack” Bhan, and Kalyan Rallabandi (all at Tulane University)
- Tong (Joy) Lu, R Ravi, Angela Ziyan Xiao, and Jeff Galak (all at Carnegie Mellon University)
- Ming Chen (UNC Charlotte), and Wen Xie and Zhu Han (both at University of Houston)
- Yanwen Wang (University of British Columbia) and Mike Lewis (Emory University)
- Nicole Hartnett, Steven Bellman, Erica Riebe, Nick Danenberg, and Phouthun Nay (all at University of South Australia)
- Sydney Chinchanachokchai (University of Akron), Terry Daugherty (Indiana State University), Federico de Gregorio, (University of Akron), Alexa K. Fox (University of Akron), Seungbum Lee (University of Akron), and Milton Soto-Ferrari (Indiana State University)
- Steven Bellman, Nicole Hartnett, Nick Danenberg, and Phouthun Nay (all at University of South Australia)
Learn more about the JAR/TVision partnership here:
Additionally at the ARF conference, McDonald highlighted other ongoing JAR initiatives that encourage industry-academic collaboration, including:
- The JAR 2023 Research Priorities List that directs authors to addresses specific advertising industry needs
- A new, shorter article format that makes it easier for practitioner authors to contribute novel findings to JAR, as described in the journal’s “Submit a Manuscript” section under Research Notes.
Stay in the Loop
- Keep abreast of our Calls for Papers and Calls for Ideas on our website.
- Sign up here for the monthly JAR Insider newsletter – check out our latest edition!
- Follow JAR on LinkedIn.
- Check out the Journal’s YouTube channel for recent webinars and other events.