Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar
The AMA's DocSIG invites doctoral students to apply for its 2022 Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award; Deadline now 7 Apr 2023
INTEREST CATEGORY: DOCTORAL STUDENTS
POSTING TYPE: Revisits
Author: Kevin Giang Barrera
Call for Nominations
2023 “Mathew Joseph” Emerging Scholar Award
AMA DocSIG invites all doctoral students who are active AMA DocSIG members to apply for the 2023 Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award.
New Deadline for applicants: Friday, April 07, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.
The American Marketing Association’s Doctoral Student Special Interest Group (DocSIG) welcomes applications for the Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award. This award honors a doctoral student scholar who displays exemplary scholarship and a bright future in the marketing discipline.
Nominees (self-nominees welcomed) must meet the following criteria:
- Be a doctoral student or candidate in marketing in good standing at an AACSB university.
- Demonstrated research productivity (e.g., presented a conference paper, published a peer-reviewed paper)
- Hold an active membership of the American Marketing Association (AMA) and be an official member of the DocSIG at the time of application.
Applications must be in ONE single .pdf document including:
- Cover letter as to why the nominee would be an ideal recipient of the emerging scholar award, including a statement regarding his/her personal research stream.
- Current curriculum vitae (including a record of publications).
- (Self-nominees only): One signed recommendation letter from your dissertation chair or a tenured faculty to attest to the nominee’s research impact and contribution to scholarship.
All applications will be evaluated by a panel of three (3) marketing scholar judges and must be received by the due date and time listed above. To apply, please email one .pdf document to both AMA DocSIG Chair Kevin Giang Barrera (email@example.com) and AMA DocSIG Chair-Elect Brittany B. Beck (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please contact Kevin Giang Barrera (email@example.com), AMA DocSIG Chair, with any questions.
The winner will receive a plaque and an award of $250. The winner will be notified by mid-June and should be present at the 2023 AMA Summer Academic Conference to receive the award.