JPIM Research Forum
Journal of Product Innovation Management Research Forum powered by PDMA, New Orleans, 16-17 Sep 2023; Deadline 15 May
INTEREST CATEGORY: INNOVATION AND TECH
POSTING TYPE: Calls: Conferences
Author: Ruby Lee
Call for Papers
2023 JPIM Research Forum
The 2023 JPIM Annual Research Forum, powered by the Product Development and Management Association (PDMA), seeks various types of conference submissions from scholars from all disciplines who share a common interest in new product development and innovation management research. The JPIM Research Forum is part of the PDMA conference and will offer networking opportunities with scholars, practitioners, the JPIM’s Editorial Team and the PDMA community. There will be joint sessions for researchers and practitioners for stimulating high-impact research driven by collaborations between industry and academia.
Full Competitive Papers, Developmental Papers and Special Session Proposals are all welcome. Submissions from all academic areas, methodological approaches, and regions of the world are welcome.
Dates & Venues
- Submission Deadline: 15th May 2023
- Notification to Authors (Acceptance/Rejection decisions): 16th July 2023
- 2023 Submission Website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=2023jpim-research-forum
- Conference : 2023 JPIM Research Forum powered by PDMA
- Conference Dates : September 16-17, 2023
- Conference Location: Hilton New Orleans Riverside, New Orleans, LA
- Conference Website: https://www.pdma.org/page/conference-central
- Ruby Lee (Florida State University, USA)
- Magda Hassan (Alliance Manchester Business School, UK)
Conference Tracks and Track Chairs
The 2023 JPIM Research Forum Co-chairs welcome submissions regarding all aspects of new product development (NPD) and innovation management, in the following tracks:
1. Design and Innovation
Track Chairs: Claudio Dell’ Era (Politecnico Milano, Italy); Ravi Chitturi (Lehigh
University, USA); Stefano Magistretti (Politecnico Milano, Italy)
2. Digital Innovation
Track Chairs: Aric Rindfleisch (Gies College of Business, University of Illinois,
USA); Prabirendra Chatterjee (Cardiff Business School, UK)
3. Individuals, Teams, and Organization of Innovation
Track Chairs: Martin Hoegl (Ludwig-Maximilian-University Munich, Germany);
Alexander S. McKay, (Virginia Commonwealth University, USA)
4. Innovation Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Track Chairs: Tereza Dean (Ball State University; USA); Mathew Hughes
(University of Leicester, UK)
5. Open Science, Open Innovation, and Innovation Ecosystems
Track Chairs: Michael Stanko (NC State University, USA); Luigi M. De Luca
(Cardiff Business School, UK)
6. Responsible and Social Innovation
Track Chairs: Gina O’Connor (Babson College, USA); Sebastian Gurtner (Bern
University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland)
7. User Innovation, Adoption and Diffusion
Track Chairs: Deepa Chandrasekaran (University of Texas at San Antonio, USA),
Subin Im (University of Tennessee Chattanooga, USA)
If you think your submission does not fit under any of these tracks, the Co-chairs of the conference would still invite you to submit your paper. Please submit your paper under “Other” when you get to the submission page.
Manuscripts should be submitted online via EASYCHAIR.
The 2023 JPIM Research Forum will consider the following types of submissions:
- Competitive Papers : Submissions of fully developed papers are appropriate for consideration for competitive sessions. Competitive papers must be 10 – 20 pages, including appendices and references. These papers will be presented in formal competitive session formats. Please note that reviewers might consider less-developed papers as part of the developmental papers submissions, they will therefore be presented in a more interactive session format.
- Developmental Papers : Shorter manuscripts or work-in-progress that could benefit from informal feedback from other participants and the JPIM editorial team are appropriate for submission as a developmental paper. These papers will be presented in an interactive session held in roundtable discussion format that allows for interaction with other researchers with similar interests. Papers should be at least 5 pages but no more than 10 pages long.
- Special Session Proposals : We welcome proposals for special topic/panel sessions. Emerging topics on innovation in times of dynamic change and global challenges are particularly welcomed. A proposal, no more than 5 pages, should include:
- the title of the proposed special session
- names and affiliations of presenters
- a brief description of the session theme, its relevance and importance to product innovation and management (no more than 500 words)
- title, author names and affiliations and abstract (no more than 200 words) of each presentation (3-4 presentations)
Selection of special topics/ panel sessions will be limited and based on relevance and quality of the topic proposed. We encourage the submission of new topics that are important in advancing the field of new product development and innovation management.
For your online submission, adhere to the following guidelines:
- Each manuscript should be accompanied with an abstract, not to exceed 200 words.
- Submissions must be formatted as follows: Letter sized page (8.5″x11″ or 216×279 mm), with one-inch (2.5 cm) margins, double-spaced, 12-point font.
- Upload a single anonymized PDF file
- Do NOT include any author information in the uploaded PDF
- Structure of the paper:
- Cover Page: Title, Abstract, Keywords
- Main text (including figures, tables and references)
- For manuscript preparation, please refer to JPIM’s guidelines
Competitive and developmental paper submissions will be double-blind reviewed. Special sessions proposals will be reviewed by the conference co-chairs.
The Journal of Product Innovation Management (Wiley) and the Journal of Creativity and Innovation Management (Wiley) will both offer special sections for invited papers from the JPIM research forum.
The 2023 JPIM Research Forum offers the following awards, which will be presented on Sunday, September 17, 2023:
- Best Paper
- Best Doctoral Student Paper
- Best Reviewer