Monaco Symposium on Luxury
International University of Monaco - OMNES Education Monaco, 4-6 Apr 2023; Deadline now 5 Dec
INTEREST CATEGORY: SECTORS
POSTING TYPE: Revisits
Author: Pierre Valette Florence
5th Monaco Symposium on Luxury
International University of Monaco – OMNES Education
Monaco, April 4-6, 2023
Paper submission extended deadline: December 5th, 2022
Anastasia Stathopoulou & Pierre Valette-Florence
George Balabanis (City university London, UK), Marie‐Cécile Cervellon (EDHEC, France), Jean‐Louis Chandon (International University of Monaco, Monaco), George Christodoulides (American University of Sharjah, UAE), Darren Dahl (University of British Columbia, Canada), David Dubois (INSEAD, France), Angy Geerts (Université de Mons, Belgium), Silvia Grappi (University of Modena & Reggio Emilia, Italy), Youngjee Han (Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea), Oliver Heil (University of Mainz, Germany), Aurélie Hemonnet (IAE Aix-Marseille Graduate School of Management, France), Liselot Hudders (Ghent, Belgium), Barbara Kahn (The Wharton School, USA), Jean‐Noël Kapferer (OMNES Education & HEC, France), Anat Keinan (Boston University, USA), Aurélie Kessous (University Aix-Marseille, France), Philipp Klaus (International University of Monaco, Monaco), Eunju Ko (Yonsei University, South Korea), Gilles Laurent (ESSEC, France), Géraldine Michel (IAE Paris, France), Felicitas Morhart (University of Lausanne, Switzerland), Maureen Morrin (Rutgers University, USA), Hans Mühlbacher (International University of Monaco, Monaco), Joseph Nunes (University of Southern California, USA), Mario Pandelaere (Virginia Tech, USA), Béatrice Parguel (CNRS & Paris-Dauphine, France), Michel Pham (Columbia University, USA), Paurav Shukla (University of Southampton, UK), Bernd Schmitt (Columbia University, USA), LJ Shrum (HEC Paris, France), Anastasia Stathopoulou (International University of Monaco, Monaco), Pierre Valette‐Florence (Université Grenoble-Alpes, France), Joëlle Vanhamme (EDHEC, France), Nathalie Veg-Sala (Université Paris Nanterre, France), Klaus‐Peter Wiedmann (University of Hannover, Germany), Keith Wilcox (Texas A&M University, USA), Arch Woodside (Boston College, USA), Judy Zaichkowsky (Simon Fraser University, Canada), John Zhang (The Wharton School, USA).
Since 2000, we have observed a very strong growth in the sales of the Luxury sector. At the same time, the number of academic articles devoted to Luxury has increased exponentially. Accordingly, the objective of the fifth edition of the biennial Monaco Symposium on Luxury is to advance knowledge on luxury marketing by bringing together international scholars from different disciplines and top-level practitioners working in the field of luxury from all over the world. The formal program comprises both academic sessions with academic research papers and one business-oriented session with presentations open to academics as well as consultants and business managers. In addition to this formal program, a friendly and informal atmosphere of exchange between academics and practitioners characterizes the Symposium. In that spirit, each academic paper will be given a full 30 minutes for presentation in order to facilitate exchanges between participants and allow ample time for questions from and interactions with academics and managers.
We invite papers from academics of all disciplines and from practitioners with experience and points of view on luxury. Papers may be based on, but are not limited to, the following:
- Luxury in the digital age
- Customization and digital innovation for luxury brands
- Contribution of technology to luxury goods and services
- Social media and luxury
- New concepts to better understand luxury consumers: psychology and social interactions
- The growing importance of experience in luxury
- Premium vs. luxury, downward extensions, democratization, masstige
- Cross-cultural consumer segmentations for luxury
- Brand personality, consumer personality, media personality
- Luxury for different age cohorts
- Generativity in luxury
- Counterfeiting from the consumer side
- Managing luxury brands: brand equity, personality, extensions, etc.
- Hyper luxury, upward extensions
- Luxury: global vs. local strategies
- Balancing tradition and innovation for luxury
- Luxury and sustainable development
- Social responsibility in the luxury industry
- Luxury communication: traditional media and digital innovation
- Managing counterfeiting from the brand side
- Customer relationship management for luxury brands
- Celebrity endorsement and sponsorship
- Pricing luxury
- New concepts in luxury retailing
- New modes of acquisition and disposal for luxury products
- Sensory Luxury Branding
- Sustainable Luxury
- Fashion and luxury
- Luxury fashion in the digital age
- Managing luxury fashion brands
- Luxury fashion and sustainable development
- Celebrity endorsement and sponsorship for luxury fashion
- Pricing luxury fashion
- New modes of acquisition and disposal for luxury fashion products
Papers must be submitted before December 5th, 2022.
We call for original papers, written in English. Papers will be selected based on two double- blind reviews (from members of the Scientific Committee and from ad hoc reviewers). Authors will be notified by the mid of January 2023 as to the acceptance of their manuscripts.
Authors have two formats for submission to the Symposium:
- Either a short up to 10 pages extended abstract, plus a title page and abstract page: the first page will be reserved for the title, the name of the author(s) and the address (including e-mail); the second page will contain the title, a summary (200 words maximum) and key words. References and format will follow the APA style. The abstract should be double spaced (MS Word, A4 paper, 2.5 cm or 1 inch margin on all sides, Times, 12 points).
- Full paper, should not exceed 25 pages, double spaced, including appendices, tables (within the text), and references (MS Word, A4 paper, 2.5 cm or 1 inch margin on all sides, Times, 12 points), not counting title and abstract pages. References and format will follow the APA style.
E-mail submission only: please send your submission to the conference’s email address as well as to both conference’s coordinators as an attachment, naming your file as follows: full last name of the first author and an abbreviated title (e.g. name-title.docx):
Authors keep the full copyright on their text. Since authors keep the copyright, they are free to submit their paper for publication in any journal of their choice.
Deadline for paper submission: December 5th, 2022
Notification to the authors: by the mid of January, 2023
Early bird online registration: until February 28th, 2023 – fees 500 euros (early bird fees)
Latest online registration: March 31st, 2023 – fees 600 euros (regular fees)
International University of Monaco (IUM) and OMNES Education
The conference will be organized by the International University of Monaco (IUM) with the support of OMNES Education.
International University of Monaco, established since 1986, is the only English-speaking business school on the Côte d’Azur, welcomes more than 650 students coming from more than 70 different countries on its campus in the heart of the Principality of Monaco. The school is accredited by the AACSB and by the Monegasque government. Its diplomas are therefore recognized internationally. The IUM MBA program is AMBA-accredited and is ranked 33 by the Economist (2021 edition). IUM has been training the young leaders and entrepreneurs of tomorrow within its Bachelor, MBA and Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) programs, specializing in Principality’s fields of expertise: finance, luxury, premium services, international management and sports business management. All these programs, directly related to Monegasque economic activity, have made it possible to forge close ties with local businesses in recent years. Many Monegasque professionals are also involved in the different courses and welcome students for internships and jobs into their structures.
For more information please visit: https://www.monaco.edu/
OMNES Education is a private institution of higher education and multidisciplinary research in Management, Engineering Sciences, Communication & Digital and Political Sciences. With offices in Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Chambéry-Savoie, London, Geneva, Monaco, San Francisco and Abidjan, OMNES Education trains 35,000 students and 5,000 executives in continuing education each year, in our 13 schools: EBS, ECE, ESCE, EU Business School, INSEEC, IUM Monaco, Sup Career, IFG Executive Education, HEIP-CEDS, Sup de Création, Sup de Pub and Créa Genève.
For more information please visit: https://www.omneseducation.com