JPIM Research Forum
Journal of Product Innovation Management Research Forum powered by PDMA, Orlando, FL, 12-13 Nov 2022; Deadline 1 Jun
INTEREST CATEGORY: INNOVATION AND TECH
POSTING TYPE: Calls: Conferences
Author: M. Berk Talay
Call for Papers
2022 JPIM Research Forum
Responsible Research and Innovation: From Science to Business and Society
The 2022 JPIM Annual Research Forum, powered by the Product Development and Management Association (PDMA), seeks various types of conference submissions from scholars from all disciplines who share a common interest in new product development, entrepreneurship and innovation management. The JPIM Research Forum is part of the PDMA conference and will offer networking opportunities with scholars, practitioners, the JPIM’s Editorial Team and the PDMA community. There will be joint sessions on Sunday and Monday for researchers and practitioners for stimulating future research collaborations and mutual understanding.
Full Competitive Papers, Developmental Papers, Special Session Proposals and Emerging Research Pitches are all welcome. Submissions from all academic areas, methodological approaches, and regions of the world are welcome.
DATES AND VENUE
Submission Deadline: June, 1st 2022
Notification to Authors: Decisions on submissions made by July 31st, 2022
Event: 2022 JPIM Research Forum powered by PDMA
Event Dates: November 12th-13th, 2022
Location: Hilton Bonnet Creek, Orlando (FL) USA
|Tania Bucic, Ph.D.
University of New South Wales
|Katharina Hölzle, Ph.D.
University of Stuttgart
|M. Berk Talay, Ph.D.
University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA
CONFERENCE TRACKS AND TRACK CHAIRS
The 2022 JPIM Research Forum Co-chairs welcome submissions regarding all aspects of new product development (NPD), entrepreneurship and innovation management, in the following tracks:
- Responsible and Social Innovation
Track Chairs: Gina O’Connor (Babson College, USA); Sebastian Gurtner (Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland)
- Open Science, Open Innovation and Innovation Ecosystems
Track Chairs: Valentina Tartari (Copenhagen Business School, Denmark); Michael Stanko (NC State University, USA)
- Individuals, Teams, and Organization of Innovation
Track Chairs: Martin Hoegl (Ludwig-Maximilian-University Munich, Germany); Manabu Miyao (Kobe University, Japan); Alexander S. McKay, (Virginia Commonwealth University, USA)
- Innovation Adoption and Diffusion
Track Chairs: Malcolm Wright (Massey University, New Zealand); Subin Im (University of Tennessee, USA)
- Design and Innovation
Track Chairs: Claudio Dell’Era (Politecnico di Milano, Italy); Ravi Chitturi (Lehigh University, USA)
- New Product Development and Innovation Strategy
Track Chairs: Vida Siahtiri (Macquarie University, Australia); Tereza Dean (Ball State University; USA)
- Digital Innovation
Track Chairs: Aric Rindfleisch (Gies College of Business, University of Illinois); Haisu Zhang (NJIT)
The Journal of Product Innovation Management (Wiley) and the Creativity and Innovation Management (Wiley) will both offer special sections for invited papers from the JPIM Research Forum.
The 2022 JPIM Research Forum offers the following awards, which will be presented on Sunday, November 13th 2022:
- Best Paper
- Best Doctoral Student Paper
- Best Reviewer
Manuscripts should be submitted online via EASYCHAIR
The 2022 JPIM Research Forum will consider the following types of submissions:
- Competitive Papers: fully developed papers, up to 20 pages (including figures, tables, and references). If accepted, these papers will be presented in a regular parallel
- Developmental Papers: early-stage papers, up to 10 pages (including figures, tables, and references). Compared to competitive papers, developmental papers are not fully developed. In developmental papers you will review research questions and theory, describe your data and early results, and present potential contribution from a theoretical and practical viewpoint. For this format, additional time will be given to allow for extended
- Emerging Research Pitches: up to 5 page proposal (including figures, tables, and references). Authors should describe the key research questions, why they are important, introduce the key theories, plans for data collection and analysis, and expected contribution to theory and practice. These submissions, if accepted will be presented as pitches in special pitch
- Special Session Proposals: The JPIM Research Forum welcomes submissions for Special Sessions on topical aspects of innovation theory, novel and useful methods, unique datasets, or upcoming topics on innovation in times of dynamic change and global challenges. A special session proposal should include: title of the special session, a brief description of the session theme and why it is relevant, title and abstract of each presentation (up to five), names, affiliations, and publication list of key
For your online submission, adhere to the following guidelines
- Upload a single anonymized PDF file
- Do NOT include any author information in the uploaded PDF
- Structure of the paper:
- Cover Page: Title, Abstract, Keywords
- Main text (including figures, tables and references)
- For manuscript preparation, please refer to JPIM’s guidelines
Competitive papers, developmental papers and emerging research pitches will be double-blind reviewed. Special Session proposals will be reviewed by the conference co-chairs.