IJRM Paper Development Workshop
Zoom event by the International Journal of Research in Marketing and Macquarie Business School, 15-16 Sep 2022; Deadline 31 Jul
POSTING TYPE: Events
Author: Riza Casidy
International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM) Paper Development Workshop
15-16 September 2022
Hosted by: Department of Marketing, Macquarie Business School via Zoom
The editorial team of the International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM) invites applications for a paper development workshop (PDW) to be held on 15-16 September 2022 via Zoom, hosted and organized by the Department of Marketing, Macquarie Business School, Sydney, Australia. The interactive workshop will be led by the IJRM Editor-in-Chief, Professor Martin Schreier and Co-Editors: Professor, Renana Peres, Professor David Schweidel, and Professor Alina Sorescu, as well as Area Editor: Professor Eric Arnould.
Application deadline is 31 July 2022. Decisions will be communicated by 31 August 2022.
- Provide prospective authors with an understanding of what IJRM seeks to publish
- Provide prospective authors with an understanding of issues that might lead to rejection (initial or later round) of a paper.
- Encourage pre-submission interaction between IJRM editors and potential authors towards alignment of manuscripts with IJRM priorities.
- Establish a forum for editors to work with prospective authors on manuscripts that are in progress (working papers).
- Support networking between scholars and sharing of ideas.
- To allow for effective idea and paper development, the number of participants will be limited to a maximum of 16 papers. Participation in the PDW is by application only.
- Inclusion evaluation will focus on potential benefit for the author as well as the potential of the research to make significant theoretical and meaningful contributions to the field of marketing.
- The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating “IJRM PDW”. Please include the following (in one single PDF file):
- Cover letter indicating status of the paper (completed manuscript, additional data collection planned, etc.), research question, and intended contribution.
- Full working paper
- Curriculum Vitae (of author planning to attend workshop)
About the Host
Macquarie Business School is Australia’s leading business school and research centre, having celebrated over 50 years of business education. The Department of Marketing at Macquarie Business School has internationally recognised researchers publishing in leading journals including Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of Retailing, and Journal of Service Research, amongst others. The core research areas in the Department of Marketing are on market-based strategy, innovation, customer experience, and organisational frontline. Sharing our knowledge with a wider audience is also a priority: the department engages with industry and government and holds regular seminars, contributing to public discourse through expert commentary featured in print, radio and online media.