JPSSM Senior Editors
The Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management seeks up to four Senior Editors; Deadline 30 Apr 2022
INTEREST CATEGORY: SELLING AND SALES MAN
POSTING TYPE: Journal News
Author: Adam Rapp
Call for Senior Editors
Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management (JPSSM), published on behalf of The PI SIGMA EPSILON National Educational Foundation, is positioned as the premier journal internationally that is devoted to the publication of peer-reviewed articles in the field of sales management and selling. In JPSSM, we publish contributions of high quality that deal with new issues, topics, methodologies, theories, concepts, tools, models or applications in sales and selling. Publications have to represent leading-edge, state-of-the-art and original work. Our aim is to increase our understanding of selling and sales management, contribute to fostering education in this domain, encourage knowledge transfer between science and practice, and the identification of issues and shaping of ideas associated with sales and selling as a company’s single or most important revenue-generating function. For more information on the journal please view the full Aims and Scope.
We are currently seeking up to four (4) Senior Editors to support the journal’s upcoming Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Adam Rapp. Senior editors will begin their role January 1, 2023 for a 3-year period with opportunity for renewal. The intent for these new positions is to further promote the journal, support internal processes, and develop talent for a future EiC role. The deadline for applications is April 30, 2022. As part of our ongoing efforts to grow and support the journal, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive application and selection process. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration.
Detailed responsibilities are outlined below.
Responsibilities of the Senior Editor role include:
- Managing the peer review of scholarly submissions and revisions via the manuscript submission system, making recommendations to the EiC, liaising with authors, and overseeing revision of articles.
- All submissions must be handled in accordance with the journal’s peer review policy. The role will include selecting and inviting reviewers in accordance with the journal’s ethical policies and procedures and making a final decision recommendation to the Editor-in-Chief. The Editor-in-Chief will make final decisions on all papers taking into account the reviewer comments, the Senior Editor’s recommendation and their own assessment of the paper.
- Taking an active role in soliciting submissions and encouraging articles of compelling academic research.
- Assisting the Editor-in-Chief with appointing and maintaining an Editorial Board, including encouraging the Editorial Board to commission articles in their expertise area and ensuring members reflect the diversity of the field.
- Identifying guest editors and soliciting proposals for special issues.
- Acting as an advocate for the journal and promoting it when possible.
- Managing deadlines and exhibiting strong organization and communication skills.
Please reach out to Dr. Nick Lee (Nick.Lee@wbs.ac.uk) or Dr. Adam Rapp (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further questions.
Those interested in applying can click here: https://ohio.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b2QknFt8udbsQM6