DocSIG Emerging Scholar
The AMA's Doctoral Student SIG invites applicants for its 2022 Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award
Author: Hannah Finkelstein
AMA DocSIG invites all doctoral students to apply for the 2022 Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award.
Deadline for applicants: Friday, April 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
The American Marketing Association’s Doctoral Student Special Interest Group (DocSIG) welcomes applications for the Matthew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award. This award honors a doctoral student scholar who displays exemplary scholarship and a bright future in the marketing discipline. Nominees (self-nominees welcomed) must meet the following criteria:
- Be a doctoral student or candidate in marketing in good standing at an AACSB university.
- Demonstrated research productivity (e.g., presented a conference paper, published a peer-reviewed paper). Doing so at an AMA conference or journal is a plus.
- Be a member of the American Marketing Association (AMA) at the time of application.
Applications must be in one single .pdf document including:
- Cover letter as to why the nominee would be an ideal recipient of the emerging scholar award, including a statement regarding his/her personal research stream.
- Current curriculum vitae (including a record of publications).
- (Self-nominees only): One signed recommendation letter from your dissertation chair or a tenured faculty to attest to the nominee’s research impact and contribution to scholarship.
All applications will be evaluated by a panel of three (3) marketing scholar judges and must be received by the due date and time listed above. To apply, please email one .pdf document to BOTH Louis Zmich (email@example.com) and Kevin Barrera (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please contact Louis Zmich (email@example.com), AMA DocSIG Chair, with any questions.
The winner will receive a plaque, an award of $250, and free registration to the 2022 AMA Summer Educators’ Conference. The winner will be notified by mid-June and should be present at the conference to receive the award.