International Society of Marketing, Chicago, 23-25 Mar 2022; Deadline 7 Jan
POSTING TYPE: Revisits
Author: Linda Ferrell
CALL FOR PAPERS
International Society of Marketing
2022 Spring Conference
(An Affiliate of MBAA -International)
Opportunities and Challenges for the Future of Marketing
Palmer House, Chicago IL
March 23-25, 2022
It’s time to think about submitting your articles and ideas and plan to register for the International Society of Marketing 2022 Spring Conference to be held at the beautiful and historic Palmer House Hilton Hotel (palmerhousehiltonhotel.com) in Chicago’s vibrant Downtown, March 24-26, 2022.
This year’s theme is Opportunities and Challenges for the Future of Marketing. Building on our many successes in the past, this three-day venue continues to attract innovative marketing educators and scholars worldwide that afford the opportunity to share one’s insights and ingenuity in the form of scholarly papers, panel sessions, discussions, fire sessions and more. You are encouraged to submit in any of these formats. In addition, the ISM actively encourages PhD students and faculty to submit their work.
As we innovate, a Special Marketers’ Session will be held to allow practitioners to share best practices and challenges they went through during the past year. To support a participant, send a 200-word abstract to the Program Chairs.
The submission deadline will be January 7, 2022. The submission link for papers and special sessions is: https://forms.gle/sDvMWfzsZVRn1jsy6 (copy & paste)
Thank you and we look forward to you being a part of this inaugural conference and for joining us at one of the greatest networking conferences in the country!
International Society of Marketing
Spring Conference Program Co-Chairs:
Roth Family Professor of Marketing & Business Ethics
James T. Pursell Sr. Eminent Scholar in Ethics
Director, Center for Organizational Ethical Cultures
Harbert College of Business
Tracks & Chairs:
Branding & Product Development
Mya Pronschinske Groza & Mark Groza, Track Chairs
Northern Illinois University
Carrie Trimble, Track Chair
Marketing & Technology
Karen Hopkins, Track Chair
Marketing Communications: Digital
Melissa Moore & Rob Moore, Track Chairs
Mississippi State University
Marketing Practice in the Post-Covid World
Stephanie Jacobsen, Track Chair
Selling & Sales Management
Tori Bush and Rich Rocco, Track Chairs
University of Mississippi & DePaul University
Services & Frontline Consumer Relationships
Luke Hopkins, Track Chair
Florida State University
Sharing Economy & Digital Marketplaces
Mark Gleim & Alex Davidson, Track Chairs
Auburn University & Wayne State University
Sports, Tourism & Events Marketing
Stacey Hills, Track Chair
Columbia-Greene Community College
The Future of Marketing Education
Joe Alexander & Lora Harding, Track Chairs
Meet the Editors
Chris Hopkins, Track Chair
Debbie Thorne, Track Chair
Texas State University
Guidelines for Paper, Abstract, & Panel Presentation Proposal Submission
Authors should submit papers, abstracts and panel proposals through this link:
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 7, 2022.
- By submitting a manuscript or panel presentation proposal, authors indicate that this is original work that has not been previously published and is not under review elsewhere.
- Authors also agree to present accepted submissions during the conference—virtually or in-person.
- Authors agree that at least one author will register for the conference. Any authors presenting must be registered.
- All submissions must be a minimum of 750 words excluding references, figures and tables.
- Full-length papers should be no longer than 12 double spaced pages, Times New Roman 12 pt. font (including references, figures, and tables).
- Abstracts should be no more than 5 double spaced pages, Times New Roman 12 pt. font (including references, figures, and tables).
- Panel presentation proposals should be no longer than 2 double spaced pages and should indicate list of participants (minimum of 3).
- Manuscripts should strictly adhere to the reference style used by the Journal of Marketing.
- Each submission is to have a title page with the authors’ names, affiliations, addresses, and e-mails. The preferred method of author contact will be through e-mail.
- The title of the paper should appear on the first page of the manuscript, followed by a 100-word abstract, single-spaced.
- Submissions with multiple authors should indicate the corresponding author
- Authors should avoid revealing their identities in the body of the paper or abstract.
- After acceptance, authors agree to send final versions of submissions for publication in the proceedings.
To volunteer as a paper reviewer, discussant or session chair, please contact the appropriate track chair.
Track and overall conference awards will be announced at the conference.
You won’t want to miss out on the inaugural O.C. and Linda Ferrell Marketing Practitioner Session featuring presentations at the Spring Conference by marketing practitioners from prominent corporations from the Chicago area and beyond.
For more information about the International Society of Marketing and its conferences, please look at the ISM website in the near future for updates: