Winter AMA 2022
HigherEd Sig Call for submissions on Future Trends in CB, Las Vegas, 18-20 Feb 2022; Deadline now 18 Oct
INTEREST CATEGORY: MARKETING FOR HIGHER ED
POSTING TYPE: Revisits
Author: Alexa Fox
HigherEd SIG Call for Submissions for a Special Research Session at 2022 Winter AMA Conference Focusing on
The Future Trends in Consumer Behavior
The Marketing for Higher Education SIG would like to call for submissions for a special research session focusing on “The Future Trends in Consumer Behavior” at the 2022 Winter AMA conference (February 18-20 in Las Vegas, NV, in-person and virtual). The deadline for submission to the HigherEd SIG special research session is October 18, 2021. Submissions will be reviewed anonymously and the authors will be notified whether their paper will be included in the special session by mid-November. The best paper will receive an award from the HigherEd SIG at the 2022 Winter AMA conference.
The overall theme and specific topics of this special session are in line with a forthcoming CFP for a special issue by Journal of Consumer Behaviour, an A-level journal according to ABDC journal rankings.
Papers accepted for the special research session must be presented during the 2022 Winter AMA conference and will be published as extended abstracts in the conference proceedings.
Dr. Jacqueline Eastman, Journal of Consumer Behaviour co-editor, and special issue co-editors (Dr. Atefeh Yazdanparast and Dr. Prachi Gala) will attend the HigherEd SIG special research session and provide feedback to presenting authors at the 2022 Winter AMA. Moreover, the top papers will be invited for consideration in the special issue of Journal of Consumer Behaviour.
Your research can use any methodology and be on any topic related to The Future Trends in Consumer Behavior, including but not limited to the following:
- Artificial Intelligence and consumer marketing
- Use of augmented reality, virtual reality, and voice assistants in shaping consumer experiences
- Future of non-tech savvy consumers
- Big data and increased privacy concerns in consumer marketing
- Consumer well-being in the digital era
- Generation Z and consumer behavior
- Sustainability and consumer marketing
- Diversity trends in consumer behavior
- Challenges in the future of consumer behavior
- Post pandemic consumer behavior trends
- Luxury consumption
Submissions focusing on scale development of consumer behavior constructs, systematic reviews of consumer behavior theories, proposing new theories, or extending previous theories from other fields into the consumer behavior realm are highly encouraged.
Eligible submissions must meet the following criteria:
- First author should be a current doctoral student or a PhD graduate during/after Spring 2020.
- The submissions need to clearly specify how their research contributes to consumer behavior theory and practice.
- One of the coauthors must attend and present the paper at the 2022 Winter AMA Conference.
Guideline for submissions:
The format for submissions is identical to the 2022 Winter conference for competitive papers. Specifically:
- Prepare and submit electronic documents in Microsoft Word (with Times New Roman or Calibri, 12 pt. font, 1-inch margins) with the text of up to 4,100 words (approximately six pages) for review; references do not count against the word limit. Authors also have the option of including one table summarizing results and/or one figure (these also do not count against the word limit). [Please note that submissions with text longer than 4,100 words will not be reviewed].
- Submissions must have a title page listing the names/affiliations/complete contact information (such as an address, e-mail address, and phone) of each author, as well as a statement of eligibility (i.e., indicating that the submission meets the requirements listed in this call for submissions).
Please submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org and any questions to the special session co-chairs, Dr. Prachi Gala (email@example.com) or Dr. Brian Taillon (firstname.lastname@example.org).