Special issue of the Journal of Service Research; Deadline now 1 Nov 2021
Author: Todd Arnold
Journal of Service Research announces a Special Issue/Section investigating…
(REVISED: Submission deadline now November 1, 2021)
The “Frontlines-in-Change” (FiCa) theme concerns the role of frontlines in leading change in times of disruption, crisis and transition. The theme is broadly construed to include issues that range from how frontlines involve critical capabilities in fast-changing environments to how frontlines navigate challenges of unprecedented market, social, and cultural disruptions. Frontlines is the study of interactions and interfaces at the point-of-contact between an organization and its customers that promote, facilitate, or enable value creation and exchange. Frontlines may be human or machine or combinations thereof, and is not limited to the individual level analysis.
Submissions to the special issue/section are…
- Submitted by November 1, 2021.
- open to all scholars in any discipline with service interest
- open to conceptual and/or empirical contributions
- open to any and multiple levels of analysis (e.g., individual, group, organizational, cultural)
- scheduled to be processed on a “first accepted – first published” basis in consideration of the timeliness of the topic, and appear in a regular or dedicated issue of JSR depending on timing.
Possible FiCa topics may include but are not limited to frontline-driven change, innovation, resilience and revival in…
- periods of pandemic, unrest, disruption, and/or crisis
- the aftermath of acute disasters, such as mass shootings or natural disasters
- challenges of food, water, climate and sustainability
- access and provision of quality education, health care and security
- public policy issues related to regulatory and societal change
- for-profit and not-for-profit organizations
- temporary and public service organizations
- economic impact of frontline change
Questions regarding submissions may be sent to either co-editor of this special issue/section:
Detelina Marinova – email@example.com
Todd Arnold – firstname.lastname@example.org