Marketing, Strategy & Policy, Virtual event, 8-10 Sep 2021; Deadline now 3 Sep
Author: Pantea Foroudi
Reminder – Submission deadline: 3 September 2021
The 5th International Conference of Marketing, Strategy & Policy (MSP) 2021
September 8-10, 2021
The New Normal Post Pandemic
World Health Organizations has indicated that Covid-19 is going to stay and will become an endemic. Therefore, everyone should learn to live a normal life in presence of SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus. The impact of the Covid-19 till date has been beyond infections and deaths. It has wreaked havoc on the global economy on a scale not seen before. This pandemic has impacted people’s physical and mental health, widened the gap in distribution of wealth and led to alleviation of poverty across the world. Technology helped people survive during the pandemic and artificial intelligence improved the way people lived their life while they were locked inside their homes. Recent lockdowns have changed not only people’s style of working, but also organisational cultures, and industrial practices. A significant rise in unemployment, underpayment of salaries, wage theft, worker exploitation and discrimination became new normal for employers in the unorganised sectors. Artificial Intelligence driven technological way of functioning fuelled by the fourth industrial revolution as industry 4.0, helped organised sector to survive.
Scientists are recognizing the powers and weaknesses of covid-19. Currently, they are exploring solutions to combat the pandemic. Simultaneously, business and management scholars are looking for solutions to the problems faced by businesses of all levels during pandemic. Since Covid-19 will be around for a longer period, restoration and resilience will become very important. Countries, societies, institutions, organisations and individuals will have to fight it out together at by increasing surveillance, following hygiene practices and offering health facilities. Simultaneously, issues like equality, diversity and inclusion needs to be addressed so that these facilities, practices and opportunities are available for everyone.
If Covid-19 bounces back again, what should be our strategy at individual level to manage our communication and socialisation requirements and have healthier relationships. What kind of habits will help us live a healthy life-style and how do we organise our lives and businesses to achieve success when masks, gloves, queuing have become the norms. It has become important to understand what is going to be the new normal post-pandemic and how can individuals care for their personal self, their family and businesses while taking care of their stakeholder’s wellbeing.
In light of the discussions above, this conference invites empirical and conceptual papers that contribute to the debate around the knowledge required to deal with post-Covid situation as ‘The New Normal Post Pandemic’. To continue this debate, scholars are encouraged to submit their conceptual and empirical research papers related to, but not limited to, topics given below:
- What is the ongoing impact of the pandemic on organizations in various industries?
- What role can organizations, employees and other stakeholders play in recovering from the covid aftermath?
- What ethical dilemmas do managers face when making difficult decisions?
- What type of leadership is required during uncertain times?
- How can organizations innovate for sustainability?
- How can entrepreneurs create start-ups that contribute to the revival of economies?
- How can organizations be more financially inclusive in the post-pandemic climate?
- What is the impact of the pandemic on employee’s mental well-being and their equality, diversity and inclusion?
- How can tourism become more sustainable?
- What post-pandemic strategies are required for international operations of MNEs?
- How has the pandemic impacted the global mobility of expatriates?
- What digital technologies are used by firms in the post-pandemic environment?
- How has marketing changed since the pandemic?
The feedback received by participants at the conference will help them refine their research agenda. PhD students will be able to have discussions about their work with experts. Participants will also be able to understand the opportunities and challenges of becoming a well-established scholars. A special session with editors of top journals will allow participants to understand requirements of their journals and increase their publishing success rate.
– Prof TC Melewar
– Prof Suraksha Gupta
– Prof Dorothy Yen
– Dr Pantea Foroudi
The Doctoral Colloquium invites applications from students working on any theme of business, management, technology and/or social good. The forum will provide an opportunity for doctoral students to have in-depth discussion about their research with experts and their peers. Students will be able to present their PhD work to a panel of experts and other audience and seek feedback.
Meet the Editor Session:
– Prof Douglas Cumming, British Journal of Management
– Prof Subodha Kumar, Production and Operations Management
– Prof Raj Sethuraman, Journal of Retailing
– Prof Roger Strange, International Business Review
– Prof Naveen Donthu, Journal of Business Research
– Prof Jyoti Choudhary, Information, Technology and People
– Prof Fevzi Okumus, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management
Papers presented will be considered for being published in
– British Journal of Management
– Journal of Business Research
– Qualitative Marketing Research: An International Journal
– European Journal of International Management
– Corporate Reputation Review
TARA Scholarships and Awards
– Best PhD thesis award
– Best conceptualization award
– Best methodology award
– Best Impact award
– Best paper award
Application and Participation
Scholars aiming to participate should submit an abstract of 500 words or an extended abstract of 2000 words or a manuscript of 5000 words in double spacing using Times New Roma Font 12 point, via the conference website. For any further queries, please send an email to email@example.com. One of the authors of the accepted manuscript should register for presenting at the conference.