JPIM Paper Development Workshop
Zoom event by the Journal of Product Innovation Management and Macquarie Business School, 10-11 Mar 2022; Deadline 28 Jan
INTEREST CATEGORY: INNOVATION AND TECH
POSTING TYPE: Events
Author: Mahdi Vesal
Journal of Product Innovation Management (JPIM) Paper Development Workshop
- 8am to 11am AEDT – Thursday 10th and Friday 11th March 2022
- 3pm to 6pm US central time – Thursday 10th and Friday 11th March 2022
- 10pm to 1am CET –Thursday 10th and Friday 11th 2022
Hosted by: Department of Marketing, Macquarie Business School
The editors of the Journal of Product Innovation Management (JPIM) and the Department of Marketing at Macquarie University invite applications for a paper development workshop (PDW).
The Department of Marketing at Macquarie University is located in Sydney, Australia. The interactive workshop will be led by the JPIM Editors-in-Chief, Professors Jelena Spanjol and Charles Noble, and be supported by local colleagues who have published in JPIM and are on the editorial board. Deadline for full papers or extended abstracts is 28th January, 1pm AEDT, 2022. Decisions will be communicated by 8th February 2022 and final submissions are due by 25th February 1pm AEDT 2022.
- Provide prospective authors with an understanding of what JPIM seeks to publish (meaningful and rigorous scholarly work, focusing on managerial questions in the innovation domain).
- Provide prospective authors with an understanding of issues that might lead to acceptance or rejection (initial or later round) of a paper.
- Encourage pre-submission interaction between JPIM editors and potential authors towards alignment of manuscripts with JPIM priorities.
- Establish a forum for editors to work with prospective authors on manuscripts that are in progress (working papers).
- Support networking between scholars in the innovation, marketing and management domains and sharing of ideas.
- Support scholars in learning how to undertake and provide a quality review for Top Tier Journals.
- To allow for effective idea and paper development, the number of participants will be limited. Participation in the PDW is by application only and will be competitive.
- Inclusion evaluation will focus on potential benefit for the author as well as the potential of the research to make significant theoretical and meaningful contributions to the field of Innovation Management.
- The application should be sent to Dr Mahdi Vesal @ firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating “JPIM PDW”. Please include the following (in one single word file):
- Cover letter indicating status of the paper (write-up, data collection planned, etc.), research questions, intended contribution and 2 dot points on specific feedback you are seeking.
- Full working paper or extended abstract (including all authors and their contact details). Abstracts should include research questions addressed, theory and literature review, research design, and expected results and contribution to scholarship in innovation literature.
About the Host: Macquarie Business School is one of Australia’s leading business schools. The Department of Marketing at Macquarie Business School has internationally recognised researchers publishing in leading journals and engaging in wide-ranging partnerships with business. The core research areas in the Department of Marketing are market-based strategy, innovation, and organisational frontlines. Sharing our knowledge with a wider audience is also a priority: the department engages with industry and government and holds regular seminars, contributing to public discourse.
Department of Marketing -MQBS organizing committee: Aron O’Cass, Mahdi Vesal, Ralf Wilden.
Jelena Spanjol, Editor
Dr. Jelena Spanjol (PhD) is Professor at the Munich School of Management, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) München, Germany, where she heads the Institute for Innovation Management (IIM). Jelena’s research pertains broadly to innovation motivations, capabilities, and behaviors among and at the intersection of organizations and customers/consumers and has been published in the Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Marketing Letters, Journal of Business Ethics, Creativity and Innovation Management, Health Psychology, Journal of Service Research, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, Information & Management, Social Science & Medicine, and in various book chapters. She is currently the Editor-in-Chief (with Charles Noble) at the Journal of Product Innovation Management (JPIM).
Charles Noble, Editor
University of Tennessee Knoxville
Charles H. Noble is currently the Proffitt’s Professor of Marketing at The University of Tennessee in Knoxville. Previously, he was on the faculties of Boston College and The University of Mississippi. His research interests focus generally on design and development processes, as applied to both products and services. He has published in many leading journals including the Journal of Marketing, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Product Innovation Management, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, and many others. He is currently in his second term on the editorial board of the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. Charles has consulted for many organizations, primarily in the airline, retailing, consumer goods, and commercial real estate sectors. He has won several awards for both research and teaching.