Neeley Analytics Conference
Data and Analytics in Health Care, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX, 25-26 Mar 2022; Deadline 1 Nov
Author: Sarang Sunder
Neeley Analytics Conference – Call for Extended Abstracts
Neeley Analytics Initiative at the TCU Neeley Business School is excited to host its inaugural Neeley Analytics conference (‘Data and Analytics in Health Care’), themed this year to focus on health care analytics. Please join us for a unique opportunity to hear from the best in research as well as round table discussions between industry and academic representatives on critical issues faced in this domain.
Please send your extended abstracts (500 words max) to email@example.com by November 1, 2021. We look forward to highlighting your research at the conference and hosting you here at TCU!
Location: Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX
Conference dates: March 25-26, 2022
Conference website: https://neeley.tcu.edu/Page/Neeley-Analytics-onference/fa6b77d9-80b9-477a-87b6-80773d9a635f
Submission deadline: November 1, 2021
Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The era of Big Data and analytics is upon us. Recent advances in data capture, real time analysis, and data-driven decision making have given rise to a rapid proliferation of data analytics across various business functions and sectors. The health care sector is one such industry in the economy which is ripe for innovations in the research and application of analytical methodologies. Key developments over the past few years have paved the way toward applying analytical methodologies in health care. First, progress in the collection and digitization of health care data is happening at a rapid pace. Second, there is renewed managerial and policy focus on delivering quality health care at affordable costs, wearable technology, drug compliance, etc. Given the increased focus of data and analytics in health care, there is clear need for research in understanding the role and boundaries of data-driven decision-making in health care. We invite you to submit your most impactful research for presentation at the Neeley Analytics Conference.
The conference has no specific preference for methodological approach or business function. All methods that use primary or secondary data, as well as applications across the business discipline (operations, marketing, finance, accounting, information systems, economics, statistics) are welcome.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Application of New Age technologies (e.g., machine learning/artificial intelligence) in health care context
- The role of analytics in managing health care operations, management and delivery
- Managing service failure in health care contexts
- Methodological innovations in predictive/proactive health care management (e.g., wearable technology, drug compliance, mHealth)
- Managing hospital portfolio using data analytics
- Factors affecting health care choice (e.g., the role of hospitals, insurance, etc.)
- Public policy implications of health care analytics
- Managing physicians to maximize health care quality
- Optimal resource allocation for health care cost and utilization
- Using data analytics to aid vaccine delivery
- Health care management in a crisis (e.g., pandemic)
- Data analytics and performance measurement in hospitals
- Leveraging data analytics to manage and report healthcare costs
- Nonprofit hospitals and earnings management
- Please email extended abstract (up to 500 words) to email@example.com
- File name should be formatted as LastName_AbstractTitle.
- Subject should be ‘Abstract.’
- Document must include full citation for the paper (APA style).
Jeff Chen, Robert Leone, Sarang Sunder, Morgan Swink, and Minakshi Trivedi
Please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘question’ in the subject line.