The Organizational Frontlines Interest Group's Young Scholars Research Competition; Deadline 15 Nov 2021
INTEREST CATEGORY: SERVICE, DOCTORAL STUDENTS
POSTING TYPE: Awards
Author: Todd Arnold
Organizational Frontlines Interest Group announces
6th Annual Young Scholar Research (YSR) Competition
2022 OFR Symposium, February 17, 2022 Las Vegas, NV (in-person/virtual)*
(co-located with 2022 AMA Winter Educators’ Conference)
Symposium Co-Chairs: Detelina Marinova and James G Maxham III
*The OF Interest Group has held a research symposium to precede the AMA Winter Educators conference for four of the past five years, with last year’s competition being “virtual” in nature. This year, in accord with the format for the 2022 Winter AMA, our goal is to host a “hybrid” Symposium where winners will be encouraged to present in-person at a dedicated Symposium session. Option to present via video conferencing is possible.
Organizational Frontlines (OF) is broadly defined as the study of interactions and interfaces at the point-of-contact between an organization and its customers that promote, facilitate, or enable value creation and exchange (Singh, Brady, Arnold and Brown 2017). Topics of OF interest span several fields of inquiry and disciplines of research. Past winners include CB, OB, retail, sales, service and strategy scholars.
We welcome submissions from any field or discipline as long as it tackles issues of organizational frontlines.
Submissions (15-page limit) are invited by November 15, 2021 that…
- Address any topic of frontlines interest, as broadly defined above.
- Are authored or co-authored by Doctoral Student or Assistant Professor (< 3 years from graduation) – if co-authored, Young Scholar must be lead researcher.
- 15 pages (maximum, all-inclusive), double spaced detailing research questions & significance, theory & hypotheses, research design/methodology, (expected) results and references. Please include a separate title (author) page with your submission (does not count as part of the 15-page submission).
- Papers accepted for publication or at advanced stages of review (2nd, 3rd round, etc.) are not
- Multiple Awards, Cash prize, and Recognition from OF community.
- Finalists honored in a recognition ceremony involving invited, prominent OF scholars. Presentation date February 17, 2022.
- Access to OFR network to support research. Priority invitation to future OFR Symposia.
- Deadline for submission: November 15, 2021 with winners notified by early January, 2022.
Submissions sent via email to Todd Arnold at Oklahoma State University (email@example.com).
Supported by… ● Center for Services Leadership (ASU), ● Center for Sales Excellence at the University of Nebraska, ● Stephen Stagner Sales Excellence Institute at the University of Houston, ● Center for Business Analytics, McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia, ● Reynolds & Reynolds Sales Leadership Institute, Texas A&M University, and ● Center for Sales and Service Excellence, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
*Pending decision of OFR co-chairs to hold a physical symposium. If necessary, winning presentations will be virtual only.