The Geraldine Rosa Henderson Excellence in Research on Race and Inclusion (GERRI) Virtual Symposium, 23 June 2021
Author: Guillaume Johnson
You’re invited to the virtual and inaugural Geraldine Rosa Henderson Excellence in Research on Race and Inclusion (G.E.R.R.I.) Symposium, Wednesday, June 23, 10AM-1PM EST.
We’ll honor the work of the late Dr. Henderson and hear from the winners of the 2021 G.E.R.R.I. Junior scholar award. The full press release for the event is just below, as well as on the RIM website.
Register here (https://www.rimnetwork.net/2021-gerri-symposium). Spread the word!
PRESS RELEASE: PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE INAUGURAL G.E.R.R.I. SYMPOSIUM TO FEATURE AWARD WINNERS’ RESEARCH
On June 23, 2021, the Race in the Marketplace (RIM) Network will convene scholars, students, and practitioners from multiple disciplines and countries virtually for the inaugural Geraldine Rosa Henderson Excellence in Research on Race and Inclusion (G.E.R.R.I.) Symposium. Centered on extending the work of the late Dr. Henderson, the symposium will feature and highlight scholars whose research focuses on race, equity, diversity, and inclusion in the marketplace. This three-hour conference will provide a global platform for thought leaders across disciplines to discuss topics ranging from racial justice to the importance of ethical representation of people of color.
This conference celebrates the legacy of Dr. Henderson by addressing the issue she sought to address in her own work. Specifically, Dr. Henderson stated, “what little research on race in marketplace that exists is devalued, under cited, hard to find, and trivialized. Moreover, doctoral students and junior faculty members are discouraged from pursuing such topics.”
The conference will feature the two award winners who will present their work and its parallels to Dr. Henderson’s work, and two discussants to further discussions around their work
Winners of the 2021 G.E.R.R.I. Junior Scholar Award:
- Dr. Noémi Michel, Teaching & Research Fellow, University of Geneva
- Dr. John N. Robinson III, Assistant Professor, Washington University in St. Louis
Discussants leading research discussions:
- Dr. Amber Chenevert, Group Director of Strategy & Insights, VMLY&R
- Dr. Vanessa Perry, Professor of Marketing & Associate Dean for Faculty, George Washington University
Race in the Marketplace (RIM) is an international transdisciplinary research network dedicated to knowledge production on the historic, contemporary, and future interactions of race in the marketplace through scholarship and practice.
To register for the conference, click here.
Be sure to share this exciting event with your networks.
For questions, please email email@example.com or any of the committee members below.
- Sonya A. Grier, American University (Co-Chair)
- Kevin D. Thomas, Marquette University (Co-Chair)
- Tonya Williams Bradford, University of California Irvine
- Benét DeBerry-Spence, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Akon Ekpo, Loyola University Chicago
- Guillaume D. Johnson, CNRS & Université Paris-Dauphine
- Nakeisha S. Lewis, University of St. Thomas
- Sonja Martin Poole, University of San Francisco