Luxury Marketing and Branding
The AUS–Chalhoub Symposium, Dubai and Sharjah, UAE, 15-16 Nov 2021; Deadline now 30 Jun
INTEREST CATEGORY: SECTORS
POSTING TYPE: Revisits
Author: George Christodoulides
JOIN US FOR
2021 AUS–Chalhoub Symposium
on Luxury Marketing and Branding
November 15–16, 2021 | Dubai and Sharjah, UAE
In collaboration with the Academy of Marketing, SIG in Consumer Psychology and Cross-Cultural Research
Call for Papers
The subject of luxury has recently attracted considerable attention by both practitioners and academics. Despite the current slowdown in sales due to the global pandemic, the value of personal goods market is expected to bounce back to growth and reach €320–330 billion by 2025 (Bain & Co. 2020). Given the significance of the luxury sector to the global economy and the fact that luxury brands often need to turn classical marketing knowledge “upside down” to preserve their prestige and dream value, it is now more important than ever to develop luxury specific theory and actionable frameworks to help managers steer their luxury brands through the pandemic and return to growth quickly.
American University of Sharjah is home to the Chalhoub Group Professorship in Luxury Brand Management, a center of excellence for research and teaching in luxury marketing. This boutique event aims to bring together the latest thinking in the theory and practice of luxury marketing and to provide a platform for collaborative research work and insightful exchange of ideas between international scholars and practitioners. The university is located about 20km from Dubai International Airport.
We invite extended abstracts from academics and practitioners for consideration for presentation. The best papers presented at the conference will be invited to submit a full paper for publication consideration in a special issue of Journal of Strategic Marketing (A rated in 2019 ABDC list). The deadline for submission of full papers for the JSM special issue will be February 28, 2022.
We call for original research, both conceptual and empirical in any area related to the symposium’s theme, including but not limited to:
- COVID-19 and shifts in luxury consumer behavior
- Brand equity, customer equity and luxury perceptions
- Counterfeiting and luxury products and brands
- Chinese consumers and luxury products and brands
- Perceptions and attitudes towards luxury products and brands
- NPD and downward/upward extensions of luxury brands
- Accessible luxury and the concept of masstige
- Luxury products and brands in emerging and developing countries
- Traditional, digital and social media communication strategies for luxury products and brands
- Luxury experiences management
- Challenges and opportunities of luxury products and brands
- Luxury brands in the GCC
- “Phygital” distribution of luxury products and brands
- Cross-cultural comparisons of luxury consumers and/or firm practices
- Consumer expectations of luxury brands’ CSR
- Performance measurement of luxury brands
- Length: Maximum of 7 pages, including a cover page.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point, single-spaced.
- Cover page: The first page should be the cover page and it must include the title, the name of the author(s), their affiliation and address.
- References: Follow the style adopted by the Journal of Strategic Marketing, as outlined here.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2021 (extended).
Abstracts will be reviewed by the organizing committee. Authors will be notified by May 31, 2021 as to the acceptance of their abstracts for presentation at the symposium.
- 299 USD for non-AM members (includes dinner, lunch and coffee)
- 275 USD for AM members (includes dinner, lunch and coffee)
- Abstract submission June 30, 2021 (extended)
- Notification of decisions July 10, 2021 (revised)
- Registration deadline September 30, 2021 (revised)
- Symposium dates November 15 & 16, 2021
- Submission of full papers to JSM Special Issue February 28, 2022
For inquiries regarding the symposium, please contact:
Dr. George Christodoulides, Chalhoub Group Professor of Luxury Brand Management American University of Sharjah, email@example.com
Or visit: aus.edu/e/luxurysymp21
- Dr. George Christodoulides, Chair
- Dr. Nina Michaelidou
- Dr. Sajid Khan
- Dr. Rania Semaan
- Dr. Nikoletta Siamagka