AMS Sheth Foundation Best Paper Award
New product introductions for low-income consumers in emerging markets” by S. Arunachalam, S. Cem Bahadir, Sundar G. Bharadwaj and Rodrigo Guesalaga has won the 2020 award
POSTING TYPE: Journal News
Author: Anne Hoekman
Each year, JAMS selects a paper published in the preceding year to receive the Sheth Foundation Best Paper Award. Based on a shortlist selected by the Area Editors of the top 10 papers published in JAMS in 2020, the journal’s Editorial Review Board voted the paper “New product introductions for low-income consumers in emerging markets” by S. Arunachalam, S. Cem Bahadir, Sundar G. Bharadwaj and Rodrigo Guesalaga as winner of the 2020 best paper award.
Read the full article at https://rdcu.be/ce55c.
The shortlist of finalists for the award included:
- “The future of social media in marketing” by Gil Appel, Lauren Grewal, Rhonda Hadi and Andrew T. Stephen
- “How artificial intelligence will change the future of marketing” by Thomas Davenport, Abhijit Guha, Dhruv Grewal and Timna Bressgott
- “The impact of unprofitable customer management strategies on shareholder value” by Hui Feng, Neil A. Morgan and Lopo L. Rego
- “Customer satisfaction and firm performance: insights from over a quarter century of empirical research” by Ashley S. Otto, David M. Szymanski and Rajan Varadarajan
- “A systematic review of brand transgression, service failure recovery and product-harm crisis: integration and guiding insights” by Mansur Khamitov, Yany Grégoire and Anshu Suri
- “Consumer effects of front-of-package nutrition labeling: an interdisciplinary meta-analysis” by Iina Ikonen, Francesca Sotgiu, Aylin Aydinli and Peeter W.J. Verlegh
- “How and when weather boosts consumer product valuation” by Tobias Schlager, Emanuel de Bellis and JoAndrea Hoegg
- “Customer experience: fundamental premises and implications for research” by Larissa Becker and Elina Jaakkola
- “How CEO/CMO characteristics affect innovation and stock returns: findings and future directions” by Ya You, Shuba Srinivasan, Koen Pauwels and Amit Joshi
All peer-reviewed articles published in volume 48 were eligible for this award; the full volume, as well as the entire JAMS archive, is available on SpringerLink, where access is always free for AMS members. See www.springer.com/jams.
Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science